Texture location look-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texture location look-up

Having VR4SU look for missing textures in the folder where the file is would be a really nice feature. That way you can share a file and just make a zip with your texture references. Another option would be a pack and go like other engines that render outside of SU.
    Matthew Valero, ASAI

that doesn't work? It should work like that already.
    Best regards,
    Devin Kendig
    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Guess I never really tested it. Let me try it out.
      Matthew Valero, ASAI

Comment

It works! I tested it with a material map and environment map. Nice to find these little Easter egg features! Now we just need a script to pack all referenced maps into a folder.
        Matthew Valero, ASAI

Comment

hehe, glad to hear there's no bug. The pack material option should take care of material maps, but you're right, there's no pack and go feature like what you're requesting. Env maps would be left out, dome light (soon my friend, soon) textures would be left out, and the materials would have to be saved out individually in order to properly pack all of their related textures.
          Best regards,
          Devin Kendig
          Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Dome light is highly anticipated as well as an RT window. Two big game changers for this plug-in. We close? Who do I gotta buy lunch for to get a beta of this thing???
            Matthew Valero, ASAI

Comment

yes we're getting close, but we aren't quite set up for public access.
              Best regards,
              Devin Kendig
              Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
              X