Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imported Lighting Looks Different

Hi,

After importing my scene into Unreal the lighting looks a lot different to what I'm getting in Max, so I've had a check and all of the intensities and values are different in Unreal. I have a mix of IES and Vray lights, and not one of the lights has the same value as Max.

Is this expected behaviour, and if so, what am I supposed to do in order to accurately match what I get in Max, other than trial and error??

Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Thanks, Michael.
    Cheers, Michael.

Hi, Michael

In UE the light intensities are converted to Lumens. So the values for V-Ray lights that you used in Max (ie Rectangle light 10/10cm, Units = Default Image, Intensity=10) will be calculated and converted on import (the Rectangle light will be imported with Intensity=150). The IES light are different thing however. V-Ray and Unreal handle IES profiles differently and mismatches are expected.Can you send screenshots of the scene in max and UE and/or the vrscene for us to test?

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Thanks Alexander,

So really the only lights that should be making it look different are the IES ones, I'll ramped their values up and see if I get any closer to the Max lighting.

I'll look at getting the vrscene to you too, its worth noting that with the IES file I was using, the UE values were consistently a 10th of what the value was in Max

Cheers, Michael.
      Cheers, Michael.

Comment

Working...
      X