Aerial Perspective + Back to Beauty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aerial Perspective + Back to Beauty

If I have Aerial Perspective in the scene, the render results from Back to Beauty Render Elements are quite different from the actual RGB pass. Turning it off, and I can get it back to being identical to Original RGB. Is this a known issue? Are there any workarounds?

Are you using VRayAtmosphere render element for the compositing? https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...ositingFormula
    Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

BackToBeauty render elements included that automatically, but as they are comped together inside the VFB they look quite different from actual RGB pass.

This is the second time I am encountering this. The first one, aerial perspective is not a huge component of my render, so it's still fine. This second one is an underwater shot (I opted to use Aerial Perspective because it's a huge body of water, which will be significantly faster than Environment Fog), but I cannot have a proper BackToBeauty with it.

Comment

Can you send us the RGB and the render elements through the contact form so we could investigate further? Please make sure to mention this thread.

Comment

Submitted. Please let me know if you can't use the .vrimg i sent.

Comment

Is there anything new on this topic? I'm running into a situation where the back to beauty layers don't match the main render when using vray aerial perspective as well.

Comment

Unfortunately, we didn't get to the bottom of this with Syu_z. We needed the scene to investigate further.
              Would it be possible to provide a simple scene that we could check?

Comment

I will see if I can make a stripped down version of my scene. It seems like the aerial perspective is not showing up in the reflection pass and maybe the gi pass.

Comment

I've submitted a test scene through the contact form. ticket number is: 346-122-8646

thanks

Comment

Just to let other users known that this is an issue on our side, which we are working on. The workaround will be to add RGB into the compositing and extract the missing information from it. The math should look like this: Click image for larger version

Name:	Comp.png
Views:	306
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	1118616
                    Also, you need to make the last element of the Back To Beauty folders in Overwrite Blending mode
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Override.png
Views:	265
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	1118617

Comment

Originally posted by Zdravko.Keremidchiev View Post
                      Unfortunately, we didn't get to the bottom of this with Syu_z. We needed the scene to investigate further.
                      Would it be possible to provide a simple scene that we could check?
                      I'm so sorry! I was swamped with work and I forgot to follow up with this one. I trust vance3d file is sufficient to zero in on the bug? If not, I can still upload mine.

Comment

Working...
                      X