No announcement yet.

V-Ray GPU with Bake to Texture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's an interesting bug! I had to resort to baking out multiple passes and comp them in max to recreate the complete map. This is a longer process but, it's still significantly faster than baking with the CPU.
    Hopefully your team can fix those two issues.

Comment

Hi, I'm wondering if you have had any luck in solving the issue of internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-12965, where the Bake to Texture renders fine in the VFB but saves as an overexposed version of the VFB?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthVisualStudio View Post
        Hi, I'm wondering if you have had any luck in solving the issue of internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-12965, where the Bake to Texture renders fine in the VFB but saves as an overexposed version of the VFB?
        Forgive me, I must have missed the update. Turns out it is like that by design. Baked textures must be linear, since if you import them back in the same scene you'll get double exposure.​
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks for that however, can you confirm whether it's possible to save the R2T renders automatically in the correct exposure - or do they have to be saved individually?
          If there's a workaround, I'm happy to do that but haven't been able to find a successful method.

I tried it with CPU and it does the same thing, I must be missing something basic.
          Last edited by NorthVisualStudio; 16-04-2023, 02:26 AM.

Comment

That's the thing - they are already saved with correct exposure (without Exposure Control). Saving them manually and importing them back in the same scene (where the Exposure Control is already active) would result in double exposure. Otherwise, not sure if there's a way to save the images with baked exposure other than manually saving from the VFB (well, a script might help).
            Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
            X