Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light mix problems

Hi!
    I am testing vray gpu for the first time (with a dedicated rtx 3090) for a series of interior renderings.
    I noticed that the light mix has some problems.
    I don't know if I'm wrong (I doubt it) but basically if I disable some lights ,for example a dome light with a hdr, the render has strange colors.
    I put 3 screenshots just to give you an idea.
    The same happens if I lower the intensity without turning them off.
    I noticed that it is as if the rest and the dome contain complementary information, if I render with cpu these info are all inside the dome and the lightmix has no problem.
    I am using a vray camera and default settings.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	412.0 KB ID:	1174069 Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	4.24 MB ID:	1174068Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	4.75 MB ID:	1174067 ​ ​​
    Last edited by Grigio18; 24-02-2023, 08:39 AM.

Hi, thanks for posting. Are you using 3ds Max's Physical Camera or a Physical Camera Exposure Control in 3ds Max's environment slot? If you are please try switching to VRay Exposure Control or VRay Physical Camera. There is an issue with LightMix and non V-Ray exposure (or exposore turned off) in GPU.
    Please confirm if this fixes your issue so we can add your thread to the report.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir_krastev View Post
      Hi, thanks for posting. Are you using 3ds Max's Physical Camera or a Physical Camera Exposure Control in 3ds Max's environment slot? If you are please try switching to VRay Exposure Control or VRay Physical Camera. There is an issue with LightMix and non V-Ray exposure (or exposore turned off) in GPU.
      Please confirm if this fixes your issue so we can add your thread to the report.
      I am using the VrayCamera, I know there was a problem with the exposure control and max physical camera with gpu.. I am going to switch to the vray exposure control, in the environment slot, let's see.

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir_krastev View Post
        It looks like the problem is stil there using vray camera and turning on vray exposure control.

Comment

I run in light mix issues too and it helped me to disable "rest".

https://forums.chaos.com/forum/v-ray...st#post1176146
          www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Hi Grigio18 if you still have this issue please send us your scene or a simplified version of it here or through our support contact form. Please include a link to this thread in your e-mail in case you use the contact form.
            Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
            X