No announcement yet.

Warning : Nun samples per thread reduced to 253363, rendering might be slower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning : Nun samples per thread reduced to 253363, rendering might be slower

Why does this happen? The scene still rendered, just curios if it would have been faster. Not sure what this warning refers to.

Anybody know what this means?

check your gpu ram usage, i usually got that when its using more ram than the gpu had
    e: info@adriandenne.com
    w: www.adriandenne.com

Comment

what happens if it uses more ram than it has availble? It always ends up rendering

Comment

it takes longer
        e: info@adriandenne.com
        w: www.adriandenne.com

Comment

Refer to this thread for an answer.
          Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Just took a look at the thread hermit.crab. So is this something I should try to fix? I have a 3080 and only do interior scenes. Should I be concerned with the warning and get a gpu with more vram or just leave as is. I want to be able to render as fast as possible with my current gpu

Comment

Had a laptop with a 3080 and it ran out of vram regularly...purchased a egpu with 3090 and never had any issues again.

Comment

Luma3d I've heard mixed revies on egpus but nothing specified for rendering. Is there any drawbacks on egpus in your opinion?

Comment

Nope...it allowed me to keep working on projects that the 3080 couldn't handle. The only thing that comes mind is that they are loud, but so was my MSI. TIP: Don't use MSI laptops...they suck. Had too many problems with it.

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the tip

Comment

Working...
                    X