Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FastSSS consider all objects

Hi,

Does VRay 6 GPU support “consider all objects” in the FastSSS shader? Sometimes I render imported CAD-models with a lot of parts, if I don’t use the consider all objects option I get dark, shadowy, very pronounced seams between objects. When I tried to render my scene with GPU, that I normally render with CPU, I noticed that the dark seams were back and that the consider all objects option is unavailable under FastSSS. It’s a vey useful feature that is pretty much necessary for me.

Thank you!

Sorry to say, it's not supported. I've logged an improvement request (internal bug-tracker id: VGPU-6295), the priority of which will depend on the number of people requesting it.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
      Sorry to say, it's not supported. I've logged an improvement request (internal bug-tracker id: VGPU-6295), the priority of which will depend on the number of people requesting it.
      You mean requesting getting as similar results as possible regardless of rendering with CPU or GPU? This should be a top priority to have these as similar as possible.
      I know for a fact that this is seen as a problem among VRay users, keeping them from using VRay GPU, cause they know that it won't give them the same (or similar) results as CPU.

Comment

This is one of the main reasons we hardly ever use GPU. So many of our scenes won’t work because they are too big. So we can’t develop on GPU with the possibility that when things hit a threshold we have to go to CPU and rework everything.

So everything is developed with CPU. Then if we ever want to try GPU we switch renderers and half the stuff doesn’t work, and everything looks different, which doesn’t fly with stuff that has already been approved at an earlier stage.

CPU and GPU matching (like Arnold) would be a massive push towards GPU.

Comment

Working...
        X