Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does "Override Mtl" not work in GPU Next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does "Override Mtl" not work in GPU Next?

I noticed when trying to test a scene when you have override mtl enabled normal CPU and then switch to GPU mode, it won't render the override anymore instead just the regular materials. I looked at the manual to see if this function works or not, but found nothing. I also noticed while in the render settings, override mtl is no longer available. So is this function not available or am I doing something wrong?

Changing the Renderer to either CPU or GPU resets the settings to their defaults. This means that the 'Override mtl' option would be returned to its deactivated state.

The function is available in V-Ray NEXT GPU. You can find it in the V-Ray tab, under the Render settings rollout (see screenshot).
    http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/3d...6_14-16-16.png
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I feel so dumb for not seeing that tab. Thanks man!

Comment

We probably need to think of a way to preserve the settings when switching the renderers.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi,

Is there an option to preserve (available) settings by now when switching to GPU or the other way round (Next or 5)? Basic stuff like image output, material override, environment settings etc. Using 3ds max.

Comment

Working...
          X