Memory usage inconsistency leads to failed renders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory usage inconsistency leads to failed renders

Yesterday I was rendering a bunch of images on two of my GPUs and wanted to render a different, pretty heavy scene on my CPU and another GPU. The heavy scene wouldnt render, even though I rendered it before and nothing but one texture (same size) changed (and the fact I was using a render mask).
    Vray told me that there wasnt enough memory.
    Today, after a restart of my PC, I tried to render the scene again (using all of my 3 GPUs and the CPU) and lo and behold: the heavy scene renders without any problems!
    I would guess that somehow GPU memory was filled and after the restarted, it wasnt.
    Maybe other programs used some VRAM? I had Photoshop and Capture one open. But I do have that open now that the scene is rendering problemless too.
    I do have this occuring occasionally. A scene doesnt render. I restart either 3ds max or the whole PC and then it renders.
    Can we solve this somehow, please?
    Like vray puring vram for rendering, or some way to analyze whats going on...
    thanks
    Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
    www.AddYourLight.com
    Always looking to learn, become better and serve better.

H Manuel,

it sounds like my overseen problem here https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...ender-elements

I rendered a heavy scene at Rhino task 1 and it's finished. I started a new Rhino task, because I need a quick render of a small scene and don't want to close the heavy scene, because I need it later. At the second Rhino task I get the message, that there is not enough memory. But only 1GB of my 2080ti is used, there is enough memory available.
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Yeah, it does sound like the same or similar issue, especially with the restarting.
      looking forward to a reply from the Devs!
      Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
      www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

Today I run in the situation again - a second task blocked the VRAM, but don't used it. Is it on the todo list? Should we talk about it more?
        www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

I will open a support ticket for this. No reply from chaos group here... This is bumming me out
          www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

Working...
          X