Vray GPU Bucket Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray GPU Bucket Issues

Hey guys, I’m experiencing a weird issue with GPU and bucket rendering. I am getting a discrepancy in buckets. All textures are mapped appropriately and when doing IPR or progressive, its fine.

I’m running Vray or max - update 3 , 3ds max 2020 -

Ive tried RTX with just GPU’s - 1080ti and a Titan RTX
    Ive tried Cuda with all gpus and CPU

Last test could be just CPU on Next but I really dont want to go that route..

THoughts?

Could you send the scene to support@chaosgroup.com so we can take a look? Mention this thread in the e-mail as well and also share your graphics card driver version.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hey, thanks Alek, Im uploading it now. Look for email in next 5 min.

Comment

Maybe adaptive dome light, i tested update 3 yesterday and its still not fixed.
        Noemotion.net - www.noemotion.net

Peter Sanitra - www.psanitra.com

Noemotionhdrs.net - www.noemotionhdrs.net

Comment

Email Sent.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by psanitra View Post
            Maybe adaptive dome light, i tested update 3 yesterday and its still not fixed.
            ya know, that very well may be the issue. I recall the adaptive bug a few updates back.. WIll try that on my end.

Comment

Testing on my end confirms that the adaptive dome light is the issue.

Comment

While AdaptiveDome works well in most situations it still give me the same bucket issue from time to time ,1.5 year after its official release . V-RayNext CPU for Maya here.
                My Artstation
                Whether it is an advantageous position or a disadvantageous one, the opposite state should be always present to your mind. -
                Sun Tsu

Comment

Thanks for the report and the provided files. I've logged the issue (Bug-tracker id: VGPU-4402) for our developers to further investigate.

Comment

Originally posted by aleksandar.hadzhiev View Post
                    Thanks for the report and the provided files. I've logged the issue (Bug-tracker id: VGPU-4402) for our developers to further investigate.
                    Thanks Alek, hopefully this can be resolved!

Comment

I've got another scene. I sent it to the support.
                      The ticket number is: 195-744-3476
                      German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

Ihno Thanks for the provided scene. It is the same issue as in spencerrayfitch's scene. I'll reference your scene in the case as well.

Comment

Hey I just found this post when I googled for a solution. I´m having the exact same problems as it seems. I´m trying to render an ocean scene from PhoenixFD 4 with VRay 4. I found a thread where georgi.zhekov wrote that we could use a VRay Instancer node for the foam particles which I tried and which worked perfectly! But I can´t render my scene now because of these damn bucket errors so I had to switch to VRay Next CPU for now but now the whole animation takes 300 hours to render with a 16-core threadripper. Is there already any fix or workaround for this? What I already tried was re-installing both VRay and PhoenixFD which didn´t help unfortunately. I tried rendering some other scenes I created earlier and they gave me similar bucket errors.

Click image for larger version  Name:	phoenixfd ocean samplerate-pass.png Views:	0 Size:	1.53 MB ID:	1073520

Click image for larger version  Name:	interior-scene.png Views:	0 Size:	900.9 KB ID:	1073519

Thanks a lot for your help!

Note:

PhoenixFD version 4.00.00
                          VRay version: 4.30.02

PC-Specs:

- AMD Threadripper 1950x
                          - 64GB RAM
                          - RTX 2080SUPER

Edit:

After a whole day of testing (Removing single objects from the scenes, merging objects into a new scene, installing an older GPU driver, etc.) I figured out that in all the scenes where the bucket errors occured it was a material or a texture which caused it! Maybe because I imported purchased objects into these scenes which had anything applied to them which isn´t supported by GPU. So maybe this helps someone who has similar issues.
                          Last edited by Soluna; 06-06-2020, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Best you send the scene to the support so that this material/texture issue can be fixed.
                            www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Working...
                            X