Mirror Artifacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirror Artifacts

Can you all suggest how to clean up these mirror artifacts in this draft file where im working on lighting (light fixture is not installed yet). They only show in the mirror reflections (big polygon squares).

Using both Brute Force and Light Cache. I tried standard render settings. I tried increasing GI Bounce settings and the Mirror Material is just that simple 255 Reflections, no Fresnel basic mirror material on a 1/2cm chamfer box mirror with smoothing groups applied.

I swapped the mirror for a new object, I remade a mirror material using a standard mirror material. Same problem appears. Never happened before.

Small scene, Using Next GPU with plenty of RAM left over. Click image for larger version

Name:	Bathroom In Mirror.PNG
Views:	74
Size:	952.1 KB
ID:	1058503

Thanks

what about adaptive dome light? have you turned off?
    Surrealismo
    https://www.facebook.com/surrrealismo

Comment

Yeah, adaptive done light does the same thing for me. Turn it off an it should work, only slower.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Wow you guys sound so confident. I will try and let you know. I wish I had a technical explanation looks like a bounces or cutoff problem similar to what happens on a fabric material sometimes without enough polygons. And it never clears up. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Guess what, I un-tick adaptive and the dome problem goes away and you get a clean render.

If anyone has an explanation I sure would like to know to avoid or work around it later. thx again

Comment

it is a known bug that support are trying to Fix!
            Surrealismo
            https://www.facebook.com/surrrealismo

Comment

Could you send the scene to support@chaosgroup.com so we can take a look? Mention this thread in the e-mail as well.
              Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
              Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
              X