Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VRayEnvironmentFog Artifacts with Adaptive Lights, and Lots of Noise No Matter What

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayEnvironmentFog Artifacts with Adaptive Lights, and Lots of Noise No Matter What

I have a scene with VRayEnironmentFog rendering in VRay5GPU CUDA. I am seeing some nasty artifacts with Adaptive Lights enabled. Light Tree and Full Eval seem to get rid of these.

FYI, these have a VrayEdgesTex to intentionally see the polygon lines. SHould also mention there are a number of VRayLightMtls in there. I may eventually replace those with lights for render speed.

Blotches from Adaptive Lights.

See the horrible sharp edges blotches? These go away without Adaptive Lights. They go away without VRayEnvironmentFog as well.

----

Another issue is that with the fog turned on I get a ton of white single pixel noise (like salt and pepper noise without the pepper). This noise actually seems to INCREASE the longer the scene renders. The surface is reflective, but I tried disabling reflection in the VRayEnvironmentFog settings to no avail. I should be able to send (privately) a scene that shows both these issues.

See the white specs?
    How to get rid of the white spec noise????? Removing VRayEnvironmentFog makes it go away, but of course I would like the effect.

Any insight? Will send a scene to support.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Joelaff; 29-06-2020, 10:19 PM.

FYI: Your ticket number is: 307-746-5149

Comment

Regarding the adaptive lights artifacts, it is caused by the disabled "Affect Shadows" fog option in conjunction with VRayLightMtls with an activated direct illumination. I've logged it (internal bug-tracker id: VGPU-4937) for developer analysis.
      The bright spots are called fireflies. They usually appear when very bright rays manage to hit a light source directly (in your case the VRayLightMtls). It may be best to switch the light materials with VRayLights to avoid both issues.
      Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
      X