Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vrayfur CPU/GPU (Vrayshadowmap)

Hello

My workflow is strictly GPU these days and doing some stuff with Vrayfur. Is this Difference between the CPU Left and GPU right "VRayShadowMap" related which is not supported on the GPU according to doc files, or am I missing something since Vrayfur is supported on the gpu .

I have an interior scene where I just cant get the look im going for with Vrayfur on the GPU - Is this expected?

Regular Hdri from Hdrihaven box 50x50cm with standard Vraymtl on fur and box. Default GPU/CPU render settings on screenshot

Kind regards MDM

How are you lighting the scene? I'm not sure I understand what's compared in the attached screencap (also the mentioned settings screenshot is not uploaded). Otherwise, attach the scene here so we can take a look.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

V-Ray and V-Ray GPU handle hair intersection differently so I think this result is normal.
      The differences are less-visible on a real-worls complex scene, but quite noticeable on small scale.

If you are using V-Ray 5 I suppose you can try setting the following env varialbe VRAY_OPTIX_USE_NATIVE_HAIR_INTERSECTION=1
      When rendering with the RTX engine that should produce a result closer to the CPU
      Alexander Soklev | Team Lead | V-Ray GPU

Comment

Thx for giving input and Sorry for the late reply.
        I will have to look into that Variable.

Comment

Working...
        X