Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flickering and GI methods on animation

Hi there.
    I'm working on a short animation, using Vray5 GPU.
    I have moving objects and camera. And I have lots of objects with reflecting material with mapped glossiness. I'm trying to figure out how I can eliminate flickering...
    Concerning GI methods, I would use brute force as primary engine, and light cache for secondary. Which setting should I use on LC? I mean, is there a procedure to calculate LC for the entire animation? Is there a way to setup the reflection on materials to avoid flickering?
    I rendered a short test sequence and I used the denoiser standalone tool blending +1/-1 frames, and I still have some slightly flickering effect on reflecting material...
    Anyone could help?
    Thanks to everyone
    Cheers

Hi Pixelpark,

Generally, using the Animation preset (3k subdivs/Retrace 8 ) should suffice for animations. If you're still having flickering issues, best might be to forward us a scene so we can have a look, since there might be many things causing it. You can use this form to submit your scene, just make sure to mention this thread (or my name) in the subject.

You can also check some of Lele's suggestions outlined in this thread and see if anything works out for you.
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Working...
    X