Warning: Installed driver version is newer than latest verified one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning: Installed driver version is newer than latest verified one

Hello! I just installed the V-Ray for 3ds Max 2023 Update 1. Before updating I did not receive any warnings. But, afterwards, when I use the V-Ray GPU 6 Update 1 to render, I receive the following warning:

Code:
    Warning : Checking CUDA driver version: 5001: Installed driver version (528.49) is newer than the latest verified one (526.9)!
    I searched and found the post quoted below. The advice to revert to previous versions of the CUDA driver seems clear. That being said, I still wanted to create this post to double check.

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by alex_mcmillan View Post
    Hi all

I updated to the latest Nvidia studio driver that was released earlier today in hope that it can improve my render speeds and overall performance however when I use the VFB or attempt a render of an existing product, I receive the error 'Installed driver version (516.93) is newer than the latest verified one' with a black screen in my render view. It was working completely fine before I updated my GPU driver.

Will this be addressed or do I have to wait for V-Ray to verify the GPU driver in order to continue? I really hope not.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, thanks for posting. The recommended driver on our V-Ray GPU page is tried and tested and is proven to work best with V-Ray. You should have no issues with the newest driver from Nvidia as well in most cases.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks very much. I assume it is best to just find the driver of version 526.9 on the Nvidia site. I know this is pretty obvious, but I figured I would ask. I am using a new workstation so I am unable to simply rollback to previous driver versions.

Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
      X