Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Normal Maps + Triplanar

Hello there,

Seems to be a well know issue but can't find an explanation.

I use Vray Gpu last version.

When I put the Normal Map coordinated by a triplanar to an EditablePoly the normal is doing nothing. Strangely it's working perfectly with a new plane or a mesh.
    If I apply a UVW to the object (the EditablePoly), the normal map start to behavioring correctly.

So it seems to work only if there is a clear UV in the object... The problem does not occur in VrayCpu.

Why ? Is it a know issue ? Is there a propper solution, because applying UVW to all the object of the scene only for the normal map to work is totaly stupid since it's the purpose of the triplanar to deal with that...

Thanks !

Could you attach (or send) the scene so we can take a look?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hello there, I have send you the file.

The problem of Normal Map occurs all the time. Though I attached this specific file cause it produce another weird issue with the Distance Texture (and maybe it's related to coordinates). When plugged directly to the material it works fine. Through a Composite Map where there is another Distance Texture plugged it's not working anymore. Its like there is a "loop" in the coordinates system and everything is broken. This bug is not happening on another file.

Comment

Working...
      X