Error VRayAO Render Elements in version 6.10.08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error VRayAO Render Elements in version 6.10.08

In version 6.10.08 there is a problem with VRayAO Render Elements. Activating the Denoise when it is in the final stage of the render the VRayAO is wrong. It turns out almost completely white. Keeping the Denoise deactivated, however, it works. Have you encountered this problem? In previous versions it worked fine.

Hello,

I didn't had the time to full check everything but we upgraded to from 6.10.02 to 6.10.06 recently and I found my AO denoised completly wrong (with Nvidia Denoiser).
    It might not be related and I sadly cannot take the time to check my guess.

Nicolas

Comment

I have noticed that this issue is only present when activating the NVIDIA AI Denoiser VrayDenoiser.
      With Default V-Ray denoiser everything works fine​

Comment

Could you guys attach a simple scene where the issue is evident? Seems to work fine on a simple setup.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
          Could you guys attach a simple scene where the issue is evident? Seems to work fine on a simple setup.
          Now I can't prepare a scene. But the problem is simple. When "NVIDIA AI" is chosen as the denoiser method and "denoise" is selected on the "render element AO" the denoise is not applied. Instead, if you use "V-ray denoiser" as the denoiser method, everything works correctly. This problem is present only in version 6.10.08 in previous versions it worked correctly.

Comment

Here is a visual example hermit.crab
            Click image for larger version  Name:	AO_NVIDIA_ai_denoiser.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.9 KB ID:	1180974This is an AO pass, with denoiser ON, with NVIDIA AI Denoiser (render is wrong). Production render, render is finished (IPR does not show the bug)
            Click image for larger version  Name:	AO_vray_denoiser.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.4 KB ID:	1180975 This is an AO pass, with denoiser ON, with Vray Denoiser (render is ok) Production render, render is finished

I'll send you a scene we are working on (I gues the scene is not relevent but I didn't had the time to test the issue with another scene).

Nicolas

Comment

Originally posted by nicolas_fuminier View Post
              Here is a visual example hermit.crab
              Click image for larger version Name:	AO_NVIDIA_ai_denoiser.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.9 KB ID:	1180974This is an AO pass, with denoiser ON, with NVIDIA AI Denoiser (render is wrong). Production render, render is finished (IPR does not show the bug)
              Click image for larger version Name:	AO_vray_denoiser.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.4 KB ID:	1180975 This is an AO pass, with denoiser ON, with Vray Denoiser (render is ok) Production render, render is finished

I'll send you a scene we are working on (I gues the scene is not relevent but I didn't had the time to test the issue with another scene).

Nicolas
              this is exactly it for me too. Thank you

Comment

I've forgot to write my the software setup :
                • Win 10
                • 3DSMAX 2023.3.3
                • Vray 6.10.06
                Happen on 10 differents computers with the same software setup, on two differents projects.

Comment

Waiting for the scene, since I cannot reproduce it on a simple scene (most likely I'm missing some setup specifics).

EDIT: You've already sent it. Debugging it as we speak.

Comment

hermit.crab

There is a bunch of Tyflow / Tycache / Tymesher in the scene, but I think they are not related to the issue (since we get the issue on another project without any tyflow in it). I guess you can get rid of them and only keep the can geometry.
                    Feel free to ask if I can help you with the provided scene.

Best,
                    Nicolas

Comment

Turns out the issue (some elements getting overexposed with NVidia Denoiser) is already fixed in our internal nightly builds. I'll talk to the devs to push it to stable as soon as possible.

Comment

Hi, I would like to know when a stable version will be released with this fix built in. it is very important for us to be able to use it. Thank you

Comment

Most likely in a couple of months.

Comment

Originally posted by davide_franceschini1 View Post
                            Hi, I would like to know when a stable version will be released with this fix built in. it is very important for us to be able to use it. Thank you
                            davide_franceschini1We did try this morning the lastest nightly biuld in our production pipeline ( vray_adv_61020_max2023_x64 ) and it's looklike the AO pass with NVIDIA Denoiser issue is fixed.
                            We just tried it on two differents scenes and we need more investigation to be 100% sure but it look like we are done with this issue.

Thanks again the Chaos team,

Best,
                            Nicolas

Comment

davide_franceschini1We did try this morning the lastest nightly biuld in our production pipeline ( vray_adv_61020_max2023_x64 ) and it's looklike the AO pass with NVIDIA Denoiser issue is fixed.
                              We just tried it on two differents scenes and we need more investigation to be 100% sure but it look like we are done with this issue.

Thanks again the Chaos team,

Best,
                              Nicolas
                              Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              X