Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant stop GPU render

Hello,

Since I have upgraded to Vray 6.2 build 00001, I have a lot of issues with interactive rendering using GPU.
    I work on my scene and update some materials and then the rendering stalls.The renders freezes and says that it calculates the light cache without ever restarting again.
    I am able to stop the render. It clears the geometry and doesnt show any error in the log (see attachement)

The problem is that I can not restart the rendering. The icons "start interactive render" and "stop render" are both stuck
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	281
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	1198136

I am able to force a restart of the render by clicking a long time on the pause button.
    It seems to work at the beginnnig and starts calculating the light cache of the other camera but then it crashes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	297
Size:	767.0 KB
ID:	1198137

You can download the log file here. https://filebin.net/do1ar2l9b5wtxi80

It occurs when I m working with anisotropy metal... if this could be a lead.

Am i the only one to experience this problem? And do you think you could me out to solve it?

Best regards,
    Sebastien

​​
    Attached Files

ive had this, in previous versions, where making changes whilst in ipr mode, it claims its creating light cache but it just keeps going, had it again after installing latest update...cant say what causes it though, pretty sure ive had it just dragging render regions out etc.
    e: info@adriandenne.com
    w: www.adriandenne.com

Comment

Hi, thanks for posting. Are you using 3ds Max and what is your version? Are you having issues only in this scene? Are you able to render the problematic scene with V-Ray GPU in production mode?
      Make sure your drivers, hardware and V-Ray and 3ds Max installations are running well.
      Go trough your project once again carefully and if you can not manage to fix the issue please send a simplified version of the scene that still has the issue to the support contact form for review.
      Please add a link to this thread in your message to support so we can track you faster.
      Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Vladimir,
        I use 3ds max 2023.
        The crashes happens in every scenes. Quite frequent.

I noticed that I use an old Nvidia driver (536.4). I will update and let you posted!
        Thanks for your time

Comment

Hi, if it is happening in every scene this points towards driver/installation/hardware issue. When you reinstall your driver you may want to use some tool for clean uninstall.

Comment

I'm also having similar issues. Especially on heavier scenes. When tying to stop IPR, 3dmax will freeze up and not allow me to click anything. After a long period it will become active again, but this can take up to 3o minutes. This problem has been around for a longer time and has been talked about in the forums before. I believe Lele had commented that it happens when clicking too fast while in IPR. The only way I can reliably halt the ipr is to use the "Pause" button in the V-Ray frame buffer. Then close the window and reopen to restart the ipr.

Comment

The same issue continues. I have installed the last supported nvidia drivers and the last nightly build of Vray.
              The scene breaks every 5 minutes and prevents me from working. This issue is not scene dependant as it happens in all scenes: exterior and interior.
              ps:a ll of my scenes have Forest and railclone objects.

I remember having a very similar issue in vray 5 with region render preventing the stop of the render, but it got corrected through updates.

Comment

Hi sebastien_berthier1 can you record your screen to show the issue better?
                If the issue is not happening in a very basic scene, for instance a few Cosmos models and a light then there could be something you use throughout your projects. Maybe a script or plugin?
                Could you also check if you have activated environment variables and delete them if you do?

Comment

im getting this issue quite a lot where i cant quit ipr also. Max doesnt crash however, and If i reload scene then it resets the vfb. Not entirely sure but seems to be related to dragging regions in ipr. Only started happening regularly with the latest update.

Comment

I don't use GPU because of this issue (unable to cancel).
                    Bobby Parker
                    www.bobby-parker.com
                    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Hi,

Not entirely sure but seems to be related to dragging regions in ipr. Only started happening regularly with the latest update.
                      I've been testing small scenes built with Cosmos models and tried everything I could think of. Tried dragging regions as well. No crash and no issues at all.
                      I am using RTX4070ti with Ryzen 2700, 3ds Max 2024.2 and V-Ray 6.2

If you can, send us one of your scenes for a test. You can do that here or on the support contact form.

Comment

i just had it again, doesnt seem to be scene dependant and not easily repro'd for a video..but ive attached a short video showing how the quit button doesnt work etc ( probably not very helpful)
                        Attached Files

Comment

Not really helpful I am afraid.

i just had it again, doesnt seem to be scene dependant and not easily repro'd
                          If you have the time we could join you on a team viewer session. Please use the ticketing system for that.
                          Other than that please just look over your setup once again. The main reasons for a freeze like this are something in the scene and a fault with the installation/driver/hardware.
                          Sending one of these scenes or even the one in the video for a review won't hurt either.

Comment

i'll see what i can do, but for the record, this wasnt happening with the previous release for me.

Comment

Hello,
                              It keeps happening. For very different reasons but it always imply a region render. Would it help if I send you a scene? If so, to what adress?
                              It happens in all of my files but perhaps you can troubleshoot something...

Comment

Working...
                              X