Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render geometries clipped by 2 differents VrayClippers

Hi all,

I am encountering an issue with multiple clippers in my 3ds Max scene. Currently, I have two buildings, each being cut by a clipper. They are cut at different heights, which is why I need two different clippers. Both of my clippers are set to "Include" mode with the geometry corresponding to each building. However, when rendering, we can see the caps of the clipped geometries even though they are not supposed to be cut. This issue only occurs with GPU rendering; CPU rendering is fine. To clarify, I have attached a picture to this post.

In fact, it appears that I am experiencing the same issue with objects that are invisible to the camera in object properties.

Is there any solution to avoid cutting geometry that I don't want to be affected (objects that are not in my clipper include list)?

Thanks a lot !

Edit : I am using 3dsmax 2024 and Vray 6
    Attached Files

Hi, thanks for posting.
    I am not able to reproduce this in a simple scene.
    What is your V-Ray version? I found a fixed issue in our bug tracking system that was active during 6.1 versions and looks similar to what you are experiencing. Please update to V-Ray 6.2 if you haven't already.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
      I am currently using V-Ray 6.2.
      I tried to reproduce the issue with a simple setup, here is what I get. Did I missed something ?

Edit : Of course, Box001 is on the right and Box002 on the left
      Attached Files
      Last edited by christophe_bertrand1; 15-02-2024, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Hi, I was able to reproduce the issue with V-Ray 6.20.02. It is reported under VGPU-6383 in our bug tracking system.

Comment

Hi again ! Thanks ! Do you have an idea when it could be fixed ?

Comment

Hi, we have a fix on the way. I can't say when it will be available for public use. If you have access to the stable/nightly builds it is worth trying some of the latest ones.

Comment

Working...
            X