Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange bug: Progressive mode rendering renders frame 1 with the full noise samples, then then other frames are much lower quality and faster.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange bug: Progressive mode rendering renders frame 1 with the full noise samples, then then other frames are much lower quality and faster.

This is obviously not usual behaviour - but it took a while to find out what was happening.

The first frame in animation took 3 minutes... the subsequent frames took 30 seconds.

When I switch over the bucket rendering, it works OK.

This bug somehow came from nowhere!

Added detail:

I rendered the animation sequences initially through Pulze Render Manager, and had it blocked into tasks of ten - so every ten frames was a new "load" - and indeed, every ten frames had a full quality frame, and the next 9 were low quality.

Rendering directly from Max just has the first frame rendered correctly and the rest are lower quality.

There is no "resume render" turned on.

Very strange!
    http://www.jd3d.co.uk - Vray Mentor

Hi, thanks for posting and apologies for the late reply.
    This issue the way you describe it, is not reproducing in a simple scene (animated mesh, dome light and a camera). Are you able to reproduce it in every scene or only in a specific scene?
    In case you reproduce it in a specific scene most probably there is something within that scene that is causing issues or exposing a bug. Please archive and send is your scene to support for review.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I am going to send this to support - I've had this bug multiple times now.

Something happens - and then from then on, all progressive renders are set to a much lower quality than bucket renders and whatever setting they were set to previous to this bug.

Some kind of corruption - and I have no idea why or how to get rid of it.
      Last edited by JD3D_CGI; 11-04-2024, 07:53 AM.
      http://www.jd3d.co.uk - Vray Mentor

Comment

Working...
      X