Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3ds Max, Render to Texture & Bake to Texture giving incorrect result using V-ray GPU version 5.20.24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3ds Max, Render to Texture & Bake to Texture giving incorrect result using V-ray GPU version 5.20.24

Hi Everyone, I have yet to upgrade my perpetual V-Ray 5 license to V6 so guessing this issue is already solved in the latest version, but checking to see if anyone might have a solution for me with my current version: 5.20.24 build 32360.

Render to Texture & Bake to Texture work fine as most everything does with the lovely V-Ray CPU, it's GPU that is giving incorrect results

It's basically render a mix of the Low Poly model with a white material and the target High Poly model that has the texture I'd like to snag.

As you've already guessed I much prefer to render with V-Ray GPU for much faster rendering vs CPU on my workstation.

Hoping there is a secret handshake someone can teach me to figure this one out?

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by zero-13; 13-04-2024, 12:14 PM. Reason: Yet was yat, now it's yet, yep.

Mind if you attach (or send) a simplified scene so we can troubleshoot?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Aleksandar, thank you for taking a look. Attaching an scene of Cosmos models for the High Poly and Low Poly.

When I run Render to Texture in GPU mode it renders a blend of the target mesh materials and the overlaid white material of the Low Poly, when rendered via V-Ray CPU the render is correct and properly renders only the High Poly diffuse.

Comment

You have to hide the Low Poly object when baking in GPU. GPU rendering usually renders what's visible in the viewport.

Comment

hermit.crab Not sure the steps on how to go about that as the Render to Texture window seems to require the Lowpoly Object to be selected for the dialog to display render maps selection, projection object, settings and render button.

CPU works as expected with both meshes visible.

I’m not sure how to workaround being able to hit render in Render to Texture without the Low Poly object being selected and could not find any tutorials specifically using V-Ray GPU and Render to Texture after a couple hours of searching, would love to learn how to be able to use GPU with Render and Bake to Texture.

Thank you for your time and assistance!

Comment

I tested using the newer Bake to Texture feature. It was made available after 3ds Max 2020 if I recall correctly.

Comment

Working...
            X