"No Decay" lights rendering different GPU & CPU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "No Decay" lights rendering different GPU & CPU

Discovered what has been causing a huge discrepancy between CPU and GPU renders here. We habitually have "No Decay toggled" on lights for certain setups, and that was causing the difference.

Now I know what it is, we just move them farther away, ramp up the values, make them larger etc until they match.
    I'm not bug reporting- Just mentioning it here in case anyone else is troubleshooting CPU/GPU differences.

Originally posted by ricoholmes View Post
    Discovered what has been causing a huge discrepancy between CPU and GPU renders here. We habitually have "No Decay toggled" on lights for certain setups, and that was causing the difference.
    Hm, this is a non-physical option that I've been seriously thinking of hiding from the UI. Can you explain a bit in what situations you need to use it?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Actually Vlado, you're right of course.
      There's no real reason to use it other than sheer laziness (on some time pressing shots it's just been easier to set the light value not be concerned about distances etc.) I can absolutely see why you'd want it out of the equation.

Comment

Working...
      X