No announcement yet.

Support for Phoenix Ocean Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just tried this using Max 21 and my 2080ti using driver 27.21.14.6647 (probably needs updating but no issues so have not yet), on a default 4x4 plane, as yours, 4700x3600 and although it does display the 'unsupported' message it will in fact render just fine.
    Maybe something there will help troubleshoot or be helpful.
    https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Originally posted by uncle pritt View Post
      Hi,
      any development on this issue?
      I'm facing similar results as flaviuscristea: the big surface is not rendered at all saying that the displacement it's not GPU supported, the smaller 10x10m plane is rendered weird.

There is no phoenix fd simulation involved, onnly a modified plane, to adapt the shape to the view, with a water material and the oceanTex with VrayDisplacementMod applied. The sea plane is quite big, about 4700x3600 meters.

As a yacht design company this is a huge deal.

Thank you.
      Can you send over the scene so we can check what is going on? It should be working, but we can't reproduce the issue on our side.

Thanks!
      Georgi Zhekov
      Phoenix Product Manager
      Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by georgi.zhekov View Post

Can you send over the scene so we can check what is going on? It should be working, but we can't reproduce the issue on our side.

Thanks!
        Sure! Where I can send it? I stripped down the "sensitive NDA" models and the behaviour is still the same.

This is the comparison, left VrayGPU with CUDA, right how it should be.

Thank you!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	1119936

Comment

If there is nothing confidential and the scene is small enough you can attach it here as a zip file.

The other option would be to send it via google drive, dropbox, etc.

If you don't wish to share it publicly you can send it via our support channel here - https://www.chaosgroup.com/help/contact/support/general
          If you send it through support, just make sure to include the link to this thread.

Thanks!
          Georgi Zhekov
          Phoenix Product Manager
          Chaos

Comment

Working...
          X