SPEED ISSUE - Compiling geometrie + uploading textures to GPU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPEED ISSUE - Compiling geometrie + uploading textures to GPU

Hi, right now i'm rendering a large architectural scene with vray on maya 2020. In the scene there are a ONLY STATIC objects and a lot of textures (2gb geo, 4gb textures). Everything renders fine, but i took a closer look in the output from the batchrender and i found that every frame the geometry will compiled again and the textures also uploaded again to the gpu. I,m on a fast machine - amd threadripper 3990, 256 gb ram + 3 x nvidia 3090, NAS connected with 10gbit network - so no system issue, the rendertimes are around 3 minutes per frame on full HD, BUT around 30 seconds are wasted for compiling and uploading the textures for every frame. So it would be a big gain in speed if it would possible, that vray does'nt recompile the scene geometry if there are no changes and also not reuploading the textures to the gpu, because they are already in from the last frame!

best regards

What motherboard are you using that enables you to install 3 x 3090s ?

(or are they not the Founders Edition)?
    Last edited by JezUK; 13-03-2021, 04:33 AM.
    Jez

------------------------------------
    3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
    Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
    ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

I'm using a Asus Rog Zenith II Alpha, the whole system is watercooled - so absolute no heat issues at al.
      Attached Files

Comment

I also find annoying that V-Ray GPU keeps reloading the assets on every single occasion. It doesn't make much sense to me.
        btw Apart of all the rgb lighting which I am personally not a fan of. IT IS A NICE HECKING SETUP MAN. Thanks for sharing it.
        My Artstation
        Whether it is an advantageous position or a disadvantageous one, the opposite state should be always present to your mind. -
        Sun Tsu

Comment

Working...
        X