No announcement yet.

Render final image in smaller regions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render final image in smaller regions.

Hi guys,

I was wondering if it's feasible to make the render being split in smaller regions while rendering the full image.
    I know i can render regions manually but that's not the point. The point is to have VrayRT render the whole image by itself and save it automatically when it's saved - making it split the framebuffer into several regions makes it more stable: less crushes, more reliable and perhaps faster.
    This is very helpful for high resolutions, higher than 3000 pixels... Now, 5000 pixels images are pretty much a standard.
    Having this feature would help VrayRT be more stable as it acts better when it renders in smaller patches.

I have seen this feature implemented in other GPU rendering engines and it works great.
    How doable would be this implementation ?

Thank you.

Regards,
    Peter Istrate.
    CGI studio: www.moxels.com

i7-4930K @ 3,4GHz watercooled
    Asus Rampage V Extreme Black Edition Intel X79
    64 GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Jet Black 1866 MHz Quad Channel
    8 * GTX Titan X
    960GB SSD Crucial M500 SATA-3
    nVidia drivers: always latest
    Windows 10 up to date

The size of the image buffer actually should have no effect on the stability at all - we don't keep the image on the GPU anyways, unlike other GPU renderers.

If you have any crashes or anything like that, it would be best to find some way to track down the actual problem - which is unlikely to be the large resolution by itself. Do you think you can get us a specific crashing example?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Well, in the case of the framebuffer not being stored in the videocard memory, this feature would have no sense indeed.

The crashes probably are not related to the heavy frame buffer size(in case of large resolution images) - i have posted a separate topic for a specific crash anyway: http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...antly-crashing
      I just thought such a feature could be useful in any way
      CGI studio: www.moxels.com

i7-4930K @ 3,4GHz watercooled
      Asus Rampage V Extreme Black Edition Intel X79
      64 GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Jet Black 1866 MHz Quad Channel
      8 * GTX Titan X
      960GB SSD Crucial M500 SATA-3
      nVidia drivers: always latest
      Windows 10 up to date

Comment

You can always use backburner split scan lines and let it manage stuff for you...

Originally posted by peteristrate View Post
        Well, in the case of the framebuffer not being stored in the videocard memory, this feature would have no sense indeed.

The crashes probably are not related to the heavy frame buffer size(in case of large resolution images) - i have posted a separate topic for a specific crash anyway: http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...antly-crashing
        I just thought such a feature could be useful in any way
        Try rendering with 1 titan instead of 4. See if that works.
        CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Working...
        X