Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep Geo/maps in GPU after render

Hi

I've been using RT GPU quite heavily lately and found that the most wasted time was the waiting time I've got every-time I click on render.
    It can take easily a minute even before the render starts, just because it's compiling/loading geo and maps.
    Would it be possible to have RT keeping everything in memory once the render is done/stopped and only update what has been changed since the last render for the new one?

Activeshade is not a option as I can't use RT with dual BF, it's to slow, I need to be in BF/LC.
    It's good during the process of the job, but once you hit the point where I'm dealing with final frame output, I need to be able to send renders through the production renderer.
    That's where I'm often testing what render-time are for what noise threshold on crops and my time is going through the roof compared to the same task with cpu adv production render.

Stan
    3LP Team

Originally posted by 3LP View Post
    Activeshade is not a option as I can't use RT with dual BF, it's to slow, I need to be in BF/LC.
    You do realize Stan that you can use BF/LC in Activeshade mode when you are using a pre-computed LC file?

Just in case...forgive me if you knew that...

-Alan

Comment

Nice,
      no I didn't even think about that!
      Thanks
      3LP Team

Comment

Originally posted by 3LP View Post
        Nice,
        no I didn't even think about that!
        Thanks
        Most welcome. Yeah, I've been testing RT/GPU BF/LC for a client and with interiors I seem to be rendering in about a third of the time of BF/BF. Are you seeing the same?

Just go to Production Rendering mode (which is set for RT, of course), create a LC file, and set it to From File and point to the file, go back to Active Shade and render away.

Of course it doesn't work well for testing lighting changes in Active Shade, but it's cool for other testing and more final stuff.

-Alan

Comment

Yes sure, that's what I thought.
          I would not resolve my initial issue though.
          Long story short, I'd need to have RT GPU Production renders staring way faster, that's all

Cheers

Stan
          3LP Team

Comment

Yep, working on that. It would be nice if you can get me a scene for profiling so that we can see what's taking most of the time.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Sure,
              I'll try to do that tonight, or tomorrow.

Cheers
              3LP Team

Comment

Working...
              X