chaos scans with vrayedgestex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chaos scans with vrayedgestex?

couldn't see anything about this so i thought i's ask. can you use vrayedgestex with chaos scans? Can't see an option to input it anywhere

I just saw using the vray bumpmtl it can be done

Comment

Originally posted by lukepenry View Post
      I just saw using the vray bumpmtl it can be done
      You just saved my life lukepenry. I built a very complex Multi Subobject material using Vraymat which had a VrayEdgesTex on 1000s of objects. But then I found a Chaos Scan that was much better and used it. The client loved it. I went to add the VrayEdgesTex and saw that there was no place for it and started to have a heart attack....thinking how many days it would take to put a radius on all of those objects. Then I saw this and I called to tell 911 I didn't need the ambulance anymore..lol... Thank you!
      ------------------------------------------------------------
      V-Ray 6.20.06, 3ds Max (3D Studio thru Max 2025), GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Master Motherboard, Ryzen 9 3950x CPU, Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler, 128 GB G.SKILL Trident Z Neo DDR4 Ram, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD
      -----------------------------------------
      Autodesk Expert Elite Member
      ------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I'm not quite sure what the question means and what is the use case, but apparently it is not rare if two users simultaneously are needing it. So what is the case? The VrayEdgesTex is just a texture and can be put in every texture slot, what it means "and saw that there was no place for it " ?

Comment

I think he means there is no way to use the VrayEdgesTex directly in the VrayScannedMtl, because there is no bump-slot in that material.
          However, using the ScannedMtl inside a BumpMtl has been working for us for a number of years now.
          https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

Ah yes, this makes sense , thanks

Comment

Working...
            X