Anything new happening with VRscans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything new happening with VRscans?

I have not used them yet but I am following the development.
    So a few questions have come up?

What are future plans for VRscans?
    Will there be more materials in the libray? I am missing a few before I would commit to Vrscans.
    Would it be possible to create a bunch scanned dirt materials, just a dust layer on glass for example?
    Is it possible to to combine the way a vrscan reflects, bumbs... on top of another texture. Let a texture inherit the vrscan function? I do not if that makes sense?

That is all for now.
    Jan
    https://www.instagram.com/bildform.de/

Hi Jan,
    currently we are focused mostly to the backend - the scanning devices and the software assembling the materials. The only new feature concerning the users is the newly added ability to render materials with fuzzy surfaces
    To the questions:
    *What are future plans for VRscans?* - Well, particularly this depends on the users, for example we noticed that there is significant interest toward the fabrics, more that initially expected, so we introduced a lot of improvements in this area. But in all the cases, one is certain, we will extend the abilities of the scanning devices to cover bigger and bigger group of materials.
    *Will there be more materials in the libray* yes, definitively
    "Would it be possible to create a bunch scanned dirt materials, just a dust layer on glass for example?" The refractive materials are currently out of the scope, but if you are not focused on the glass, but on the dust, non refractive dusty surface is not a problem, actually we had a customer last month that needed exactly this ​​​​​.
    *Is it possible to to combine the way a vrscan reflects, bumbs... on top of another texture. Let a texture inherit the vrscan function?* if i understand this correctly, the answer is yes, we call this "paint color replacement" and the last official release is able to do it. ​​​​​ ​

Comment

Thank you for the answer. I think you will have me as a customer for VRscans befor the end of the year.
      https://www.instagram.com/bildform.de/

Comment

Working...
      X