Apply materials to Enscape Asset

Hi there,

I am trying to apply a custom material to Enscape’s diagrammatic people which we typically use to populate our conceptual models but am having trouble applying a custom material color to the geometry.

In Rhino I have applied a material to both the block - that is the Enscape asset and the contents of the block - the meshes but can’t get the change to appear in Enscape. Interestingly both Rhino render and Vray are able to correctly display the change (see screenshot). I guess that has something to do with Ensacpe reading the geometry as an Enscape asset?

Thanks.

https://ibb.co/8KSrz8m

actually in enscape , i dont think editing the assets is an option , since they are proxys , they will only be shown as what they are intented to .

Ah ha, thanks for clarifying.

Thanks.

@ddaniel187 Consider adding your support for this feature request (material overrides/changes on assets): RE: Changing materials

That would enable what you’re trying to do.