Hello, I’m currently in the middle of production and facing an urgent issue where I’m unable to load an image sequence as a texture in V-Ray for Blender—I can’t find any option to load a sequence at all, and this is a huge blocker for me as I’m actively working on a job; I’d really appreciate your guidance on how to enable or correctly set up image sequences. Thank you so much in advance.
Hi @yusuf_khaled
Loading image sequences unfortunately isn’t supported yet. There’s a request for it on our Ideas portal and we have it on our roadmap, however, it most likely won’t make into our next release.
yusuf_khaled , have you tried exporting the object UV using the Sampler Info node? You could try using this as an ExtraTex render channel in the compositing to replace the object’s texture and use the image sequence.
In theory it should work (I used a similar approach with Cycles in the past), but I couldn’t find a proper way to do this inside the compositing in Blender with V-Ray…
bozhidar_ivanov, I found in the documentation that there’s a “Sampler Info” render channel and it even shows where to find it, but it’s not available on my end (Vray 7.20.01 / Blender 5.0.1) . Any ideas?
I tried my approach above, but failed to export the UVs with the ExtraTex channel. Not sure why
I think it may have been only released in the Community Edition 7.3… Next release we will unify them
