Create outlines on concept model for each floor

Hi.

i’m trying to create a massing model which has outlines on each floor as seen on the revit 3d view but when I use the Outline tool it only shows a profile around the whole model itself.

I modelled the mass in revit on a floor by floor volume which i thought would help. Can you suggest a method i can achieve this.

Thanks

Revit view

enscape view

Desired image

@vgeorgiou We currently don’t render this lines, but the topic is on our agenda.

It’s the same for sketchup: [REQ] Rendering Lines

Ok. Hopefully in the next update. Would have liked to have used the image from Enscape.

thanks

Is there a way then, similar to a post production method where i can overlay the enscape view onto a hidden line view out of revit as a workaround?

In other words, how do i make sure the view that i’m looking in revit is also exactly the same seen in Enscape?

I’ve just recently experimented with this…I made a 3d view of my Enscape view once I have it set where I wanted it (press Create View on the Enscape ribbon). You then have the identical view in Revit. Print a PDF/Tiff file of the Revit hidden lines (with or without shadows on) and screenshot save the exact one from Enscape (shift F11). You can then composite these in Photoshop. You cannot have the Enscape “Architectural 2-point Perspective” engaged as Revit doesn’t have the same perspective ‘correction’ available (unfortunately). Once in Photoshop you can mask, work with transparency, etc., etc. Hope that helps? Here is the one I worked on. In this case I had the Revit line extensions turned on and then I added more…

Good looking render @mw4_1 !

Can I ask how you did the shrubbery and the car? Are these rpc’s?

The shrubs are definitely RPC’s…the car is a model…one of the few decent ones I’ve been able to find for Revit that show well in realistic mode. Hope that helps!

It does! We’re having our fingers crossed for Enscape to include .fbx or .obj proxies into Revit. That would open a lot of options for props/vegetation etc. If you’d think that would help you in your workflow, you can vote for the Trello ticket there: https://trello.com/c/c8sr4eaB/91-load-proxies-from-file

@mw4_1 . That’s exactly what i was looking for. I’ll give that a go. Thank you and really appreciate you explaining a method on this.

@vgeorgiou No problem! Glad it helped!

Hi mw4, can you tell us from what site you have bought(?) the great car? Tnx!

I think I just downloaded it from Revit City…happy to share it with you but I’m not sure how??

Tnx, you can sent the model of the car (or a litte scene wich is Enscape-ready) to if you like. Great thnx MW4

OK RemcoNL, just sent it to you. Enjoy!

Is there a work around to show model lines in Enscape? They represent reveals (which I don’t wish to model for this particular project).

Thanks!

Not that I’m aware off. Enscape only renders geometry as of right now. It’s on our wishlist as well though (for the exact same reason: to save modeling time).

We use it for reveals, but also ceiling grids, floor tiles, …

@aaronnordstrom @Pieter_2 I just moved your posts into this existing thread as mw4 has shared his workflow here.

Thanks, Johnathan–except that workflow only works for still images in photoshop—not real time, correct?

@aaronnordstrom Yes, this works for still images only. If you want it to be shown in the Enscape window during your walkthrough, I have to admit that this is currently not possible. The topic got your upvotes.