I set up somewhat of a stageset in my model with vegetation assets framed for specific views. Everything was working well until randomly they all appeared white/gray sans materiality. I updated enscape, restarted my computer, etc. with no luck. Any solution? Even when placing a new asset, it shows up white.
Right away, please try to re-acquire the library by deleting the folder “%temp%\Enscape\Assets” and restart Enscape accordingly.
You can also find the folder via this path: C:\Users%username%\AppData\Local\Temp\Enscape\Assets\
This usually gets rid of this specific behavior of Assets showing up with no materials/in white. If doing so does not do the trick, please kindly get back to me.
Is this the Rhino interface or the Enscape interface? I have the same problem with the assets having no materials in the Rhino interface but they display normally in the Enscape interface. See attached images. Any idea what could be wrong?
Since you’re seeing our Enscape Asset placeholders in this case this behavior is entirely normal. We aren’t using the full high quality model in the Rhino viewport to mainly save on performance especially, so in most cases especially in larger more complex scenes this is the desired behavior.
In Revit in this case you can replace the appearance of the placeholder models by the way. I wanted to bring it up as I can see you’re also using Revit 2019, but at least currently this is not something we’ve implemented into Rhino itself mainly due to technical reasons.
I am actually using Rhino 7. Is there any way to replace the placeholder in Rhino as per the link you sent to me for Revit?
The problem with having placeholder with no mapping is that you dont have a good preview of what the scene looks like until youre in Enscape and then when youre in Enscape you cant select the assets and easily manipulate or delete them (I know you can to some extent). You end up doing a very awkward switching back and forth to try to control the scene based on what you see in the Enscape browser and can manipulate in the modelling interface. For example sometimes you want to align a modeled element with a large Enscape asset and cant judge where to position it.
Another consideration is that people will often generate screengrabs and basic mockups from the render view in Rhino (as well I imagine as other software) and it kind of bums up the scene to see these big blobby white placeholders populating your nice model. It also makes it difficult to model.
Compare the non-Enscape assets with the Enscape ones in this screengrab.
Hello, I have a similar issue where the material of grass and concrete are white, I tried deleting the file like you said but the file regenerated after I restarted Enscape. What should I do? Thanks!
If it’s not our white mode and deleting the files makes no difference, please also submit us a dedicated feedback report with log files as detailed here.
I’d appreciate the cooperation and thank you in advance.
I am having a similar issue. The grass and asphalt materials are showing texture, but not color. Everything else is showing color. I tried deleting the temp folder as suggested earlier, unfortunately it didn’t resolve the issue.
Same here. Updated to Revit 2024 then Enscape displayed some materials including grass in white. Tried suggested deletion of Temp Folder. Worked fine before updating Revit 2023. Thanks for any help
Our firm is also running into the white grass issue, or as I call it the “Polar Bear Fur”.
Your Post was from the year 2023-- are the folders names still the same? and still the same folder names if we have floating licensing??
I ask because we did not find the folders in the exact names you noted, was off a little but not much. We deleted the folder, deleted out of recycle bid, Started Revit and Enscape up again, but still had white grass. Another person on a different computer opens the same model and it shows green color grass.
So we know it is a local software issue on my computer.