How to get the right color of texture

I download a PBR from cc0textures.com.

But render in Enscape, the color is not correct.

As you can see, the color is red if face to the sun.

Color is better see from the back side.

I’d like to know how to get the right color of texture?

Thank you!




@Design1520 , this is a topic that comes up here and there - basically, under the influence of the sun and sky, the materials in your scene may and will often look different compared to the very simplistic material output in SketchUp. The material itself is simply lit up by the sunlight, which is why it looks brighter in Enscape itself. This is of course something you would experience and see in real life as well.

You can locate the sun or project so that the light comes from the right or left side and maybe not from the front directly, and the time of day itself also plays a role in how the materials look and what kind of color adjustments are being made. For example, early mornings the materials will look a bit orange/red-ish, again, something you’d experience in real life.

So, in that case, what you perhaps wanna do is adjust the Color Temperature in the Image tab of our Visual Settings, and the Sun Brightness in the Atmosphere tab. That should help with making the image color, thus less red-ish, and the sun won’t have that much of an influence anymore. Keep in mind though, reducing the Sun Brightness also reduces shadow intensity.

Overall, may I ask why this slight shift in color change is a problem? You would basically see that in any real-time/offline rendering solution, depending on the circumstances, but the materials will usually be influenced by the surroundings.

Could you consider a feature request to control sun/sky color, and/or the amount of influence they have over the scene? Overall color temperature does not really accomplish that.

I understand that render engines want to be “physically correct” but quite honestly I spend more time fighting it, or trying to correct for it than anything. Most clients don’t want to hear an explanation of why the color shifts as the sun gets lower (and trust me, it has to be explained, every time.) They want the materials to look like the physical samples regardless of where the sun is. (brighter/darker is OK of course, but if we could avoid color shifts that would be spectacular.)

Thank you guys

I modify the sun brightness to 5%.

It’s looks better now

@Demian Gutberlet, about your question “why this slight shift in color change is a problem?”

It’s because of “what you see is what you get”.

I can understand the color became more white or black because of the light.

But became other color, it’s make me confused.

Anyway, thanks for your reply.

I can totally understand that - thank you very much for the feedback. I have gladly filed this as a feature request. Really not any information I could give yet though regarding when something like this would be implemented, since this topic rather rarely comes up. Thanks a lot though, I appreciate the input!

Sure, it’s not something that comes up all -that- often. Though I was a little surprised in the original post, the sun angle isn’t all that low and there looks to be a fair amount of color shift. I think something to keep in mind, in real life, your brain kind of compensates/filters out the color tint. So reproducing that in CG, while it technically might match a photo, doesn’t necessarily get perceived the same way.

On a somewhat related note, would there be a possibility of disconnecting the cloud cover from sun/shadows? Numerous times I’ve had lighting set up, trying to tweak the sky, but then a cloud ends up in front of the sun or something. And then of course you get the associated color shift. Again I know not technically correct, but a toggle switch or something would be useful. Sometimes a background just wants to be a background.

Hi, any news on this front? I’d very much like to have “color temperature correct-ED” renderings…
I know it would phisically-innaccurate-ish, but as Rifkin said, it is WAY better when we have to explain the images to the clients to have a coherent shade of caribean sand for your outside stucco in EVERY image…

Keyshot just implemented automatic color correcting for textures. So it automatically adjusts the lighting so the textures are rendered the correct color. I haven’t used it but I was reading about it so it is possible.

I’m afraid not. In this regard I can only reccomend forwarding your voice as well through our portal, which will reach product management directly. For now there is no eta yet as to when or if this feature will be added eventually though.