How to prevent reboot during automated installation?

I am attempting to deploy Enscape 4.0.2.11 to multiple macOS Sonoma computers by following this guidance: https://learn.enscape3d.com/blog/knowledgebase/installer-program-options/ and https://learn.enscape3d.com/blog/knowledgebase/deploy-to-multiple-machines/.

The installations seem successful, but the computers reboot during the process in a way that prevents me from easily reviewing output or logs to confirm success. When I install Enscape using the GUI, I get prompted to choose whether or not to restart, but I don’t know the way to supply that choice programatically.

This is my install command:

"${enscapeInstaller}/Contents/MacOS/Enscape.Installer" -gui=0 -configFile="${answerFile}" -quiet=1 -acceptEULA

This is my config.xml (the path to which is supplied in $answerFile above):

<DefValues>
<Value Name="LOCALE" DataType="value">en-US</Value>
<Value Name="STDROOT" DataType="value">/Library/Chaos/Enscape</Value>
<Value Name="INSTALL_ARCHICAD" DataType="value">0</Value>
<Value Name="INSTALL_RHINO" DataType="value">0</Value>
<Value Name="INSTALL_SKETCHUP" DataType="value">1</Value>
<Value Name="INSTALL_VECTORWORKS" DataType="value">0</Value>
<Value Name="REMOTE_LICENSE" DataType="value">0</Value>
</DefValues>

Hi @MWMWMW , welcome to our Forum.

In case you haven’t already please kindly forward this inquiry to our Mac support team directly by making use of the help center as detailed here:

How do I contact Support? - News & FAQ - Enscape Community Forum

Feel free to simply copy-paste what you have already written here or include a direct link to this thread for reference.

One of our Mac specialists will then be able to review this for further troubleshooting to get back to you soon.

Thank you very much in advance for your cooperation here as well.

Thank you for the input, @Demian_Gutberlet . I am not a license-holder within my company. I’m on a software deployment team that is tasked with automating the installation. So I’ve asked a license-holder about opening a support request, and we’re working on that.

In the mean time, I’m still curious if there is any community discussion on this matter. If anyone here has experienced anything like this, I’d love to discuss. If anyone knows whether this is expected behavior with unattended installation on macOS, please feel free to chime in with your experiences.

To close the loop on this one, working with the support team resulted in a helpful answer to this question. They recommended using the boolean “RESTART” key in my config.xml answer file, and that worked out nicely. The added line looks like this for me, and it’s working well:

<Value Name="RESTART" DataType="value">0</Value>

Well this is FANTASTIC. I really wish this option was in the DOCUMENTATION shown on the following page: https://documentation.chaos.com/space/ESKETCHUP/127834012/Installer+Program+Options

It not being there just cost be 14 hours, this weekend. 150 machines whos deployments all got interrupted, because Enscape forced a restart. Nice.