Often get freezes - into crashes of corona/max when stopping a render

Hi everyone,

I don’t know if it’s a “bug” per say, but it’s certainly a problem… on heavy scene (really heavy) I very often end losing everything and starting over, because Corona freezes max and never recovers after submitting a render (that works perfectly) but the seconds I hit “stop” or “cancel” max freezes and just cycles into death… Making test rendering a true pain in the arse.

This happened using DR a few times, but I am also getting it NOT using DR, purely a local render.

Anyone else getting this?

P.S. by heavy scene I am talking 100-130+ mill polygons.

solved in PM

Also interested in answer how to fix it.

Getting long freeze after stopping rendering.
Doesn’t happen every time, but still 1 of 10 stops causing it.

Thanks

Hi. I’ve been having the same problem recently. Whether I hit “Stop” or “Cancel,” my computer freezes up and the only way out is a hard reboot. Could you please share the solution? Thank you in advanced!

Are you still on Corona 1.2 by chance?
I had that issue back then as well.

What was the answer for this? I’m currently experiencing similar issues when rendering DR. Computer will freeze and lock up. I’ve got two that do it at different times.

Hi, would be best to contact us: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new