Rendering freezes, corona 1.5

Hi all, long time corona user here. Encountered a pretty bad issue.

Dunno where’s the issue is, but it started after installing 1.5 version. When I try to render scenes with high polycount (over 30 million) with high resolution (over 4k), rendering starts fine, but after a couple of minutes it completely freezes. It’s not a memory issue because my 32g of memory doesn’t cap while rendering. I can see at the task manager that it still renders even though 3dsmax (2015) is not responding, and when rendering ends, it doesn’t save files and passes. I tried all typical workarounds, new scenes etc.. but I didn’t manage to resolve the problem. Previously I haven’t had any issues with large scenes and high resolutions.
Anyone else having this?

EDIT:

Reverting back to 1.4 seems to solve this. So there might be something wrong with 1.5.

You can try to create minidump with process explorer while max is freezed and attach it here. Then someone from developers will probably take a look at it and see if they can read where is the problem.

Edit: if you will create and attach minidump, i will move this topic to bug reporting board.

Sure, I will try to replicate this later and post minidump.
Thanks!

Hi Again. Still having this issue. Now with 3dsmax 2016 and corona 1.6 and its really bad, a complete task blocker. It’s still behaving like I mentioned in first post.
Here’s a minidump attached.

210MB minidump → 5.2MB attachment.

Just a sidenote :smiley:

Good Luck