in capable hands.. it’s got a nice output and it’s nice to see real world examples in the gallery instead of the standard “clay” look most galleries have of their GI renderer.
another nice one that’s up and coming is maxwellrender.com from next limit.
The only reason why I was trolling was I came to this site to find out information about a Maya port but god forbid someone asks about another version when Max users are seemingly (in their eyes) more important. I felt bad for the person posting the inital question. I just wanted to knock people off their cloud to a more even keel. I’m by no means championing the cause. Not my deal.
Since then.. no other information has been posted about the Maya port, so I guess when they are ready to post information they will.
well actually that was all a misconception. where will be a maya port. but it was always stated by the programmers that it wont happen untill 1.5 is releasd. and 1.5 is supposed to be their bug free version. currently new features have been halted to be able to bring us this version and once that is out then the exe project will begin. however it was never stated that there was any work being done on a maya version at the same time the max version is being developed.
i would be the perfect world where everyone is happy however the chaos guys are doing what they can to get this version out and it wouldnt make sence doing a renderer for two seperate programs then when bugs pop up have to go and fix them in two different places each time. its better to get it done right once then work on the port to maya. max seems to be the easier pace to start off. dont know why, maybe its the SDK or max thats simpler and the support from discrete. but i do hope it is clarified for others who keep waiting and waiting thinking that they are being ignored.
It would be nice if someone from the Chaos Group made a sticky giving information about their developement intentions. Not necessarily release dates or so, just some general information.
well i guess its not so much about which version a person is using but who that person is. This drama has been played out time and again in most Renderer vs renderer treads. Its not the renderer its the artist and his skill in using a renderer.
Jon, the “whole week ago” thing was ironic of course, even if it does make more than a week since the announcement… I’m not blaming the Chaos team though, just kidding.