Phoenix FD 3.0 for 3ds max is Out!

Hey all,

At long last, the new Phoenix 3.0 is out with the brand new FLIP solver, many improvements over the smoke and fire simulation, new forces, easier interface, improved documentation (Chaos Docs) and new Simulation licenses which you can use to run many simulations on the network without a GUI license.

You can check out the new stuff here:

Thanks to everyone who survived through the nightlies and helped catch bugs and improve Phoenix! Much more work still to go though!

Maya version is also coming soon.

Cheers and happy simming!

yes!

Looking forward to getting up and running. Just put in the upgrade request :slight_smile:

congrats on the release, looking awesome :slight_smile: I shall also put my upgrade request in :smile:

Sweet. Can’t wait to play with it. How will rendering on nodes work? The same as before, I think 10 render nodes per license? Or maybe it was no limit, as I’m sure I had our 12 node farm and a couple other workstations rendering a simulation before.

Cool!

I sent my request too!

Looks fantastic - looking forward to having a play.

great news!
thankyou

actually where do i find it?
cant see in my downloads section - is there someone i need to email
cheers

it’s christmas again!:smile:
The secound time this jear (Vray3.4) Thanks alot.
Beeing a Chaos Group customer should be a form of therapy;)
Really adds some joy to my life:)

Rendering is free as always :slight_smile: Especially in light of sharing the VolumeGrid with V-Ray, it doesn’t make much sense to charge for it.

You need to contact sales@chaosgroup.com for upgrade from 2 to 3, there will be some processing, and you’ll have the access soon :slight_smile:

Cheers, guys!

nice one thanks Svetlin

Great ! i’m waiting the update to !! very exiting about the new forces and presets

email said `free` upgrade. cool, no take backs !

Great job Svetlin and Ivaylo!

Phoenix has developed really impressively over the past year, really enjoying using it! Now just to fix that wave force reflection so I can do some big stormy sims :smile:

I like the new helper like appearance of the sources.
And that simulation overlay in viewport where we can watch the spf counting.

I wish a lil tutorial on reading brand new phx .log file :slight_smile:

I’m sure Ivaylo can help with this.

i just opened one to see what you mean, but it looks the same as before for me :slight_smile:

Nop :slight_smile: It looks that there’s a lot of new stuff logged.

interfaces: Sp:0 pg:38f71a50 pobjx:38f71ab0
onNewCycle() end 0.008862End transferCtrlToMainThread: 2
SceneInteraction Update Voxels
SceneInteraction End
sim cycle 366 t:4.880000, LastFrameDuration 1534.848611 simulation stage (00)
Preallocation limit reached! 1674158400 requested, 1617533337 available
simulation stage (01)
SceneInteraction Begin
Enter transferCtrlToMainThread: 2
transferCtrlToMainThread simEventType set: 2
etNewCycle
onnc 0 0.000000
onnc 1 0.006042
onnc 2 0.005700
onnc 3 0.003281
setSolverParamsResimAdaptGrid
setSolverParamsCommon
setSolverParamsFireSmoke
onnc 4 0.014377
begin proc nodes 0.003585

well, the log file is for us, it’s not human readable :slight_smile: