Phoenix Render Farms?

Are they somewhere?
I did some research, but I’ve found that many support vray, but nothing about Phoenix…
Does anybody have some information?

Thanks in advance

Do you mean to simulate over the network? If so, you cant. :confused:

You can only use the network for rendering what you already simulated.

Search the forum, the answer is already there. :wink:

Jay.

I meant for rendering.
I searched but only Phoenix forums - maybe not good enough.

You know what, maybe i asked Ivaylo by email its been a while, im not sure. :stuck_out_tongue: My bad!

But you just need to install the plugin on the other computers and when you send the job on the network it should render the fluids properly.

Jay.

Well, I thought about some commercial render farms.
Unfortunately I don’t have access to any big size computing network.

Oh i see. Well i dont know about that, im sorry.

Here we have a bunch of computers dedicated to the render farm.

Good luck with that!

Jay.

Ok, thanks.

So did anyone find out if there are any render farms that support Phoenix FD? Simulation is all completed just need to get it all rendered out…

You can try gpu preview. It renders way faster. But you need to take screenshots from viewport. Also it doesn’t support more than 1 light. Also only maya version support RT preview… which will be handy for ya.

But you need to take screenshots from viewport.
there is an option to save the viewport in a tga files in the same directory where the cache files are. unfortunately the max version does not provide alpha channel, but the maya version exports the alpha so you can directly use them for compositing

How do you trigger this option to save the viewport?

see the preview panel, “save during simulation”

well that sucks. I’m using max. I will just have to key the colouring in the composite, just isn’t going to be as clean as I would like.

I’;m using automate 9 to grab a screenshots each time the gpu window change. Two passes - one for alpha (use very bright light source, so the grid would be virtualy lit with very bright white light), second beauty and third, fourth… etc with different lights..