Proper way to duplicate animated proxies

I have an animated proxy of a plant growing. I want to duplicate it a bunch of times and offset the animation so that they are all growing at different times. If I duplicate special with instance, then I can’t offset the animation because the “anim offset” attribute will instance. If I duplicate special as a copy with “Duplicate input graph” I can offset the animation but the shaders get duplicated also. Anyone else come up against this?

-Gabe

Just detele and reconnect shaders, should be a very easy thing to script.

If only I knew the first thing about scripting. Me dumb. I suppose for this project I’ll be okay.

You won’t have this problem in newer builds, as the proxy materials are no longer connected to the mesh itself. Instead a new material type, called VRayMeshMaterial, is present and all proxy materials are connected to it. The VRayMeshMaterial is then assigned to the proxy. So using “duplicate input graph” won’t copy the materials any more.

Greetings,
Vladimir Nedev

Awesome. That sounds like just what I need.