Hello,
As I was unable to find relevant posts, I am writing here.
Does anyone know what is specific needs to run RENDER FARM for V-Ray … I found out that it is possible if someone has multiple GPUs but then again I got info from another person at AUTODESK that I MUST use both CPU with GPU and that is not possible to have only GPU render farm (but as I have few machines that are not being used with 8 - 16 GB RAM, AMD CPU (AMD FX™-6300 Six-Core Processor) and few of the MSI AMD RX Radeon 570 4 GB and XFX AMD RX Radeon 470 8 GB GPUs and would love to rent it out to AUTODESK as Render farm, so can anyone provide the steps and the requirements on doing so ?
you want to rent it TO autodesk>?
any number of machines in both CPU and GPU configs can be called a render farm but im afraid your specs may struggle a little depending on what work you are doing.
you will also need deadline.
Can You explain further “your specs may struggle a little depending on what work you are doing”
What specs do I need so that they do not struggle ?
Yes, I got the idea to rent my farm TO autodesk as far as I got from them it is possible. Also, what kind of “deadline” are we talking about ?
If need be, I will purchase new machine(s), and currently I have already rented to other users
1x Intel(R) Core™ i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz with 32 GB RAM and 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
and
1x Intel(R) Core™ i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz with 32 GB RAM and 2x SAPPHIRE AMD 5700 xt nitro+
but if they will run bettter I will make them run primary here. Also, I understand “deadline” and I hope it was about the projects I receive from them, is that correct, or are there some other deadlines ?
OK, that brought a smile to my day. I think he is referring to a different deadline. Google the following: Deadline Rendering Farm Engine. Hope that clarifies. I can’t post a web address as far as I know.
Can anyone tell me, please, what is the process of becoming and starting up the render farm ?
I already spoke with Autodesk people and they told me to search on forums and ask on that topic although I signed the document they sent me to became registered farm, but I still did not set it up due to different explanations (1 said I have to have purchased Autodesk 3DS Max to render … the other told me that it is not needed … as I would not render my own projects … but rent out to them (Autodesk) my few workstations
so, can You advise on what sam I to do and where do I need to download / purchase Deadline from and where do I register … ???
I sent you the link on private message of Deadline’s website. I personally have no idea what you need to do to start up a render farm. Maybe someone else can chime in that actually knows?