Reverting to a Generic material type

(SU, latest preview)

I can’t seem to get a texture to lose the “grass” type (*) without re-loading.

I want to create some artificial grass; I fill with a green and call it “Artificial Grass” with a random grass texture. The surface is automatically ‘grassed’.

I try making it as short as it can be with zero variation - still too long.

I re-name it to “AG”… it’s still grass.

I change it to “generic” type … the grass grows.

I change the texture image to a different one (not named ‘grass’)… the underlying colour of the grass changes.

I remove the texture image… the grass is all one colour.

I re-launch Enscape and it reverts to the generic material it should now be and gets cut.

  • Unless I change it to “water”, but then it stays water unless I change it to “grass”: the same problem.

@Gadget_1 Thanks for reporting, we will take a look.

@Gadget_1 Fixed in 2.3.2.1147-g524138a preview version