Texture Sequences for displacement are not loaded

Hi,
I have a problem which I can’t find a solution for.
Maybe someone is so kind to help:

I have baked out an Texture Sequence for an Ocean Displacement.
They are numbered in this scheme “name.0001.exr”
Now I try to render an animation and used $F4 inside the displacement node and also in a second try on the displacement properties.
But v-ray always loads Frame number 0001 for every frame.
Attached is my log file, the it’s marked.

How to load this sequence correctly frame-dependent in displacement?

Thanks a lot!

Helge

in the image file sop, load the first frame only, and in the frame sequence parameters put the $F as frame to load

Thanks a lot, Hristo!

No prob - it’s not intuitive indeed, and it’s working in a way that deviates from Houdini norms, so it’s confusing the first time it happens. It would be great if it can work as expected instead :slight_smile:

oh yes …

By the way, in VFH 4.3 it’s implemented already in a different way, this should be the future implementation seen in VFH 5 too.

This accepts the standard $F in the file name and you just make overrides to the frame range if needed, this is still WIP.

Best,
David.