The asset library thumbnails - again!

I’m bumping this issue as I know threads already exists but this is a persistent problem and a massive time sink.

PLEASE: Cache the icons/thumbnails for ALL the enscape assets to a locally accessible file.

I am in China where download speeds from international servers are often poor. This renders the library virtually useless at times.

I am working in HBA doing hospitality interior design and am trying to make Enscape a part of our department’s workflow. I just had an awkward moment trying to demonstrate the library to a small team of people. Please sort it out soon.

Thanks.

Elliott.

I posted this yesterday, it’s not a solution but it might help you.

Download all the Enscape asset thumbs in PDF’s by library category

@elliott.h , I will gladly forward your post - in the meantime, may I ask why acquiring the Library of Offline use would not suffice? Doing this should ensure that the Thumbnails load pretty much instantaneously. Then I can also add that as further feedback to be reviewed by PM if it’s not a solution.

Cheers for the responses. Will follow the advice as per the alternate thread.

Agreed - as the library has grown the load times are getting slower and slower.

Can the library be saved on to a server? I don’t have the Harddrive space for the Enscape library.

If you mean a local server: yes as long as it’s mapped to a drive it should work fine.

Just in case you did not know, but the whole Library acquired offline is only 4GB large, even a bit less than that. If there is any reason why you can’t acquire the library to a local server, let me know as well so that I have further arguments that would enforce faster Asset/Thumbnail loading.

Dev team,

Can I download the Escape Library to my local machine then upload the folder to our server? I have tried twice to download the asset offline and halfway through it times out.

I have fiber 300 down internet. So the error message is not accurate unless its an issue on our server (which is possible)

First question, is can the download file be moved and still be properly referenced.

More important question: If a team member opens my file, that is on our server, will they be able to render the Enscape assets.

@elliott.h idea seems like a great solution.

Support?

@jtubb , as long as the directory to the offline Asset Library is correct, and you’ve defined it by clicking the “Offline Asset Library” checkbox and then “Use Existing”.

Also, since the Assets are not saved directly in the file itself any users who wish to see the Assets would have to have a dedicated connection to the Asset Library or have the Library available offline. Hereby I can recommend acquiring the Library offline once from a machine that acquires it completely in one session, and then as mentioned use the “Use Existing” functionality.

Generally, sorry to hear the download stops after a while, is there a chance you could test another machine in the exact same network to see if this may be related to either the machine, network, or our Enscape servers? Thanks!