5 000 000 000 000 polygons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iCubes

Man can I concur! it would take weeks to get any kind of e-mail response and the response would be so vague and it would take weeks again for a follow-up. It wasn't a very good experience at all.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

• use paralink translation to 1st translate your email into russian. Maybe then they'll respond quicker?
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

• I wound up sending out a mass e-mail to 5 or 6 different addresses I finally got a response and they sent me a new key. Their licensing policy says you can only renew a license every 6 months, that seem a little long don't you think?

Comment

• 6 months.....

I hear you, great product but totally unworkable, you could always try Forest Pro and/or Autograss depending on your scattering needs.
          Cannot wait to see what the next scatter plugin is, seems to be a rash of them lately.

laters

spike

Comment

• for the price of a boxx system you could build two identical machines yourself and just throw one away if it has an issue :P

and maybe, just maybe you'll get REALLY lucky and they both work and you have twice the power for the same money!
            WerT
            www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

• Originally posted by werticus View Post
              for the price of a boxx system you could build two identical machines yourself and just throw one away if it has an issue :P

and maybe, just maybe you'll get REALLY lucky and they both work and you have twice the power for the same money!
              I second that, building a pc is not difficult.

I appreciate that some people would rather pay the extra for support when things go wrong, but the number of threads around by dissatisfied customers who've paid through the nose for a high-end workstation just proves you don't necessarily get what you pay for. These companies are only inflating the prices for the health of their own pocket, not to fund the support/service that they promise...
              Set V-Ray class properties en masse with the VMC script
              Follow me for script updates: @ollyspolys

Comment

• By my calculations Boxx inflates their prices by at least 25% over their competitors. They claim that the extra cost is because they spend so much effort testing their computers to make sure they are rock solid. So far we've purchased 6 Boxx machines and everyone of them has had problems right out of the box.

Comment

• Originally posted by werticus View Post
                  for the price of a boxx system you could build two identical machines yourself and just throw one away if it has an issue :P

I have only once bought a 'high-end' machine, an Armari which performed flawlessly, but all other machines, single and dual processors over the last ten years I built myself and apart from one motherboard and a memory board failing I have had no other problems. So I agree with Werticus.

laters

spike

Comment

• Any updates on the new release with the amount per units feature Karba?

Comment

• http://www.rendering.ru/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=310
                      sorry for my English

Comment

• Preview in viewport ???? That's extremely cool

Comment

• Yes, nice! But will be very useful this feature. Not in VRayscatter, but directly in the VRayProxy. Next VrayScatter will able to read the custom model. In the VRay 2.0 ? Vertex tick it's another useful preview, but I prefer a custom model.
                          www.francescolegrenzi.com

VRay - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book
                          Corona - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

• ok. so in the topic about vray scatter you brought up a point about something thats already listed in a topic about vray proxie? BTW. cant wait for the next scatter release

---------------------------------------------------
                            MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                            stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

• Great update ! Interesting new options, could you explain this new feature in few words? What the density does more than the last option? and how do you made this animation with proxies? it's a starter animated proxy by black and white value?

And also, i've a BIG wish for a next version, also it's linked with the proxy propetys, but, if we could link a max force with vrayscatter, like wind... It should be VERY useful, more than an animated map by exemple... and work with every vrayscatter object which could be "liinked" with that force by exemple (i don't ask you to "bend" proxy with the wind i don't think it's possible by now but if it's possible, damned do it ! ... )
                              thank you alot for this release
                              i ll be back
                              http://www.vincent-grieu.com

Comment

• Another request
                                I don't know if it's possible.

For example, I want to scatter a trees (50) along my street. But I want to positions each VRayproxy in the VRayscatter manually.
                                So, I enter in sub-object mode in the VRayscatter and click/move each object. But there is a spinner to blend the manual position and the automatic VRayscatter position.
                                It's a good idea for you?
                                Last edited by cecofuli; 22-10-2009, 09:57 AM.
                                www.francescolegrenzi.com

VRay - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book
                                Corona - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

Working...
                                X