No announcement yet.

5 000 000 000 000 polygons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing reset Xform before making vraymesh seems to help this with some models.

Comment

• Material Id for distributing scatter?

Is there any way to get the vray scatter to do scattering based on the material id's on the distribution object?

Thanks..

Comment

• @Karba:

I don't know if is the proper thread to post this...

I've been using VRS since it's release and i must say i'm really happy with it. However i have a couple of wishes/suggestions that would be VERY useful in the everyday workflow. Here i go...

* Sub-object ID distribution!!

* More than ONE proxy per VRS. Ability to pick several proxies (randomized) for the same VrayScatter.

I do apologize if this has been asked before.

Is there any chance to get these kind of features on next builds?

Thanks!

A.

Edit: Yep, one of them has been asked right below!
        Last edited by 3Seventh; 16-08-2009, 05:47 AM.
        www.thirdseventh.com

Comment

• This features will be included in next version.
          sorry for my English

Comment

• Thanx!!
            www.thirdseventh.com

Comment

• Sorry if this has been asked before (searched but couldn't find); What are the actual limitations of the demo?
              James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
              Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

• Karba, is this next version with these features is going to be a major version upgrade (i.e paid upgrade or free upgrade for already registered users)?

It plays an important role for me on purchasing your plugin.

Thanks

Comment

• pixelcon, cant save settings

---------------------------------------------------
                  MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                  stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

• hi karba
                    i saw ,long time ago ,one video with tea pot and palm trees to been scatered on it , want to know where i can find this one , on your site cant find way to make vraymesh to grow from normals of distribution object ....

Comment

• The eternal question............

As a user of both VRayScatter and Forest Pro I have just found a nice feature in Forest Pro.

I am doing some specimen work and chose to do a rough stone wall texture that is used in a tower, the main residence and a wall. I could displace (no texture), so I used a single 'brick' and F-Pro'd it, randomised the scaling, position etc, nice with a bit of Bercon noise (cheers for the plug-in).

But how do I put some windows in, you can select as many instances as you like in the array of say the main residence, detach to another F-Pro array and select, scale and move individual instances to move accurately to create a 'smoothish' but still 'craggy' surround to the window frame, all still with resonable files sizes and most importantly using the F-Pro material to randomise the colouring. This leaves you with a window sized opening and resonable files sizes, screen reaction and rendering times.

This little 'speci' spurt was inspired after I found Peter Guthrie's VRayComp/EdgeTex example, cheers Peter!

laters

spike
                      Attached Files

Comment

• I'm having a problem re-registering one of my licenses of Vray Scatter, I've had some bad luck with one of my workstations and as a result I've had to replace it several times. This will be the 3rd time I've had to re-install everything and up until now I haven't had a problem getting new license keys. Now it seems like they don't want to send me a new key file, it's been a week since I sent the request in and so far no answer. I don't really know what to do about this, any suggestions?

Comment

• Forest Pro

Buy Forest Pro, does much the same, unless you need a specific function unique to VRay Scatter. You can also automatically re-authorise 4 or 5 times. But it would seem more relevant to sort your computer problems out first?

laters

spike

Comment

• My computer problems were the result of buying the newest Boxx system and spending two months trying to fix all the bugs. They eventually sent me a new one but in that time I had to replace a hard drive and then an entire system. Problem with buying another plugin is I'll be spending more money on something I already have and I'll have to redo a lot of work.

Comment

• Originally posted by devin View Post
                              My computer problems were the result of buying the newest Boxx system and spending two months trying to fix all the bugs...
                              Wow !! I thought these things never happened to BOXX systems. I always thought once I would have such issues with my Dell workstations I would step over to BOXX, but that still did not happen

Comment

• Boxx does a wonderful job marketing their products, unfortunately I bought into their clams that they test every system before they ship it out. I purchased a top of the line system from them and paid a hefty fee just so this kind of thing wouldn't happen, unfortunately it did and I've learned a good lesson. I'm not here to bash Boxx, they did eventually fix the problem by giving me an new updated system so they have taken care of me. My problem is with iCubes license policy and the lack of timely communication I'm experiencing.

Comment

Working...
                                X