No announcement yet.

5 000 000 000 000 polygons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A "procedural" hedge I made with GrowFX/VRS. The little stem is GrowFX, exported to proxy, and applied to the hedge object (which is derived from a spline) with VRS. This way, I can just merge it and replace the base spline and i'm done!

The other thing that I really want to see in VRS which I probably mentioned before, is the ability to set a proxy density rather than a count. The density would be based on the current max units, so if it's set to meters, a density of 1.0 will mean about 1 proxy per meter on a surface OR if you're using a regular pattern, a density of 1.0 should mean it places 1 proxy at every point in the pattern. I shouldn't have to give a poop wether my forest is the size of a house or a field - I want to retain the same look and I shouldn't have to tweak the "count" every time I use it in a different context!
    Attached Files

Comment

• that hedge looks good George.
      Is there a seam in the middle of it?
      Chris Jackson
      Shiftmedia
      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

• Originally posted by duke2 View Post
        The other thing that I really want to see in VRS which I probably mentioned before, is the ability to set a proxy density rather than a count. The density would be based on the current max units, so if it's set to meters, a density of 1.0 will mean about 1 proxy per meter on a surface OR if you're using a regular pattern, a density of 1.0 should mean it places 1 proxy at every point in the pattern. I shouldn't have to give a poop wether my forest is the size of a house or a field - I want to retain the same look and I shouldn't have to tweak the "count" every time I use it in a different context!
        Some thing like this?
        sorry for my English

Comment

• was testing the possibility of populating a stadium. currently this is just with 1 proxy without collision turned on. but if i could get multiple proxies in 1 vray scatter or just use a a couple of scatters i can get alot of variation. right now ive got the clothes using a scattertexture and the skin is 2 different skins in a mix map using a scattertexture to do the blending of the maps. im using a gradiant ramp set to spiral to rotate the girls around the stadium and just a slight random z rotation. what would be cool is to see in the animation tab a way to offset proxy animations by map (greyscale) this way if you had a proxie of someone standing up to do the wave then 1 gradient ramp with a little noise on it would make the whole stadium do the wave all properly rather than all at the same time.

---------------------------------------------------
          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

• oh thats funny!
            Chris Jackson
            Shiftmedia
            www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

• i should have put 1 lone male in the middle

MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with

Comment

• Originally posted by Karba View Post
                Some thing like this?
                Wow! That's great Let me know if you need a tester

Comment

• Originally posted by jacksc02 View Post
                  that hedge looks good George.
                  Is there a seam in the middle of it?
                  A seem? It is empty - I was thinking about filling it with proxies that imitate branches but I don't mind it the way it is

Comment

• What I mean George is that it looks like there is a tree on sides and a gap between those trees
                    Chris Jackson
                    Shiftmedia
                    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

• any thoughts on the points i made or did people just look at the girls butts?

Comment

• lmoa

yes i think to get some kind of reply without people staring at them, you would need to replace that with something else...lol
                        Ruben Gil
                        www.spvisionz.com
                        www.linkedin.com/in/s2vgroup

Comment

• lol. good advice

Comment

• 2karba : hi

i am new owner of vray scatter but got one problem for now , when i export vraymesh, pivot is not at object bounces is far away from center of vraymesh , and dont know how to make pivot in center and save vraymesh to hdd ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Janosik View Post
                              2karba : hi

i am new owner of vray scatter but got one problem for now , when i export vraymesh, pivot is not at object bounces is far away from center of vraymesh , and dont know how to make pivot in center and save vraymesh to hdd ....
                              There is an option to put pivot at center in VRayScatter.

Comment

• thanks, i found that, and how i can reach to put pivot on center bottom usable for trees for example ...

Comment

Working...
                                X