Nodre - animation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks!

No render passes unless theres footage behind it - all rendering is done straight up. Theres a little bit of colour adjustment in combustion and thats about it. I'm very much a purist when it comes to rendering, I try to use as little post/layer work as possible.

The animated buildings growing are done 2 ways - the swimming pool area and smooth slides are all done manually - using slice planes and keyframe animation (some people here may remember my 9pm panic stricken thread when those shots started crashing ), something panel based (like the tower and offices) are done with particle flow.

I never model anything outside of max now - causes far too many issues later down the line.

Comment

Great Stuff Dude love the colours and PFlow stuff.

Comment

I really love the level of realism in the movie. I watched it without sound, and it look like that guy was trying to hit on the girl with very cheesy lines...
        www.artbyarjan.com - Online portfolio (temporarily offline)
        @home:
        / AMD Phenom X4 @ 3.00Ghz / ATI HD 4890 / 8Gb Ram /
        / Vista Ultimate x64 / Max 2010 / Vray 1.5 SP3a Edu /
        @work:
        / Intel Core2Quad Q9450 @ 2.66Ghz /
        Nvidia Quadro FX 3700 / 8Gb Ram /
        / Vista Bussines x64 /

Comment

I can't see the animation...I don't have the code, please can somebody point where I can download it? .

Thanks,

Fernando
          show me the money!!

Comment

You'll be pleased to here its one of my only 10's on CGarchitect's awards. Well deserved.

Comment

Wow! That is fantastic work. Very original concept. I love it. Which compression method did you use? The motion blur really sells it as film.

Comment

Originally posted by TRGraphics View Post
                Wow! That is fantastic work. Very original concept. I love it. Which compression method did you use? The motion blur really sells it as film.
                h.264... Was a nightmare to get working though, I hate codecs
                It is incredible though. Better quality than anything else, and much smaller file sizes at the same time.

m_hinks - Thank you!

Comment

I do a lot of tracking using syntheyes and on one of my last projects i had the same issue. It wouldn't work on the edges at all. I tracked that footage about 5 times with similar results until I realized that it was because of the lens distortion. I am not sure about boujou but syntheyes has a little application that will remove the distortion from the footage. Everything was perfect after I did that!

And about the codecs, I'm with you! I had a lot of issues with the h264 trying to put together some frames. I've tried AfterEffects, Combustion and QTPro all using the same settings for the codec. AE and Combustion were looking crappy and much larger file size than the QTPro!!! I guess it's a matter of implementation...
                  3d images/Tutorials/Websites: http://3dEssentials.com
                  Personal Page: http://www.75ive.com

Comment

Stunning work all round, especially given the 4 week time frame. Loved the lighting!
                    -Andrew

Andrew Martin Visualisation

Comment

Originally posted by flino2004 View Post
                      I can't see the animation...I don't have the code, please can somebody point where I can download it? .

Thanks,

Fernando
                      Download ffdshow on free-codecs.com or the stand alone x264vfw.
                      h.264 is incredible I must agree, started to use it too, unfortunately there are some problems with sharing it with others. the h264 in quicktime is very good too.

Comment

You get an 'awesome' and a thumbs up from me.

The only thing that lets the whole animation down is her eyebrows.

Comment

That is f***ing excellent!

You say that you just did some colour tweaking in Combustion but I see some nice aberration, especially in the reflected Sun... Was that not done in post? Or is that the color tweaking you are on about?

Anyway, hats off all round!
                          MDI Digital
                          moonjam

Comment

Originally posted by AJ_23 View Post
                            That is f***ing excellent!

You say that you just did some colour tweaking in Combustion but I see some nice aberration, especially in the reflected Sun... Was that not done in post?
                            Yeah - thats from one of the sapphire lighting plugins - it's the one that pushes all the reds and blue's out but if you put a black & white vignette mask into 'lens' it gives a really nice aberration effect. That, sapphire glow and the standard combustion colour correct is all I used on the 3d.

And thanks! - means a lot from you as it happens, I remember back in the board of biffo days when I was first starting I was blown away by your work and you made me want to get good, haha.
                            Last edited by Neilg; 10-06-2008, 05:28 AM.

Comment

just out of interest how did you do the people? they rendered separately, are they 3d people or just 2d maps?

Comment

Shit, forgot about those - I said I didnt do any comping and that was a lie.

They were RPC's, rendered on their own with all the other objects having a mtl wrapper on so they'd mask out, then thrown over the render layer.

The scatter plugin working with rpc's was a godsend

Comment

Working...
                                X