No announcement yet.

Nodre - animation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah this was definitely one of my favourites from the cgarchitect entries. Really nice integration, quality and finish.
    Richard De Souza

www.themanoeuvre.com

Comment

Boom Mic Alert!! at about 00:00:52:00

Great work otherwise . I love the builds. And the PFlow stuff. I've been having fun with that too. I would love to be able to use it in a real project. There is so much potential there. Did you use collision tests to trigger the particle timing?

Comment

Fantastic work, nice and clean, wow everything is spot on.
        Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by jonahhawk View Post
          Did you use collision tests to trigger the particle timing?
          Did indeed - some of the shots were done in reverse just just because it's easier to destroy something than it is to create it. The particle flow for the main tower/3 offices shot is enough of a mess as it is.

The client actually named that shot 'boomshot' when they sent the frames over Guess it was too late to do anything about...

Comment

Hahah nice one on spotting the boom mic. The number of times i've annoyingly poked people in the cinema or whenever to say i've seen a boom. Pretty sad really! That and cameramen in reflections.

Comment

Originally posted by cubiclegangster View Post
              something panel based (like the tower and offices) are done with particle flow.
              Amazing work - I'm inspired to try particle flow now! I worked through a couple of basic tutorials I found online the other day but I'm wondering if there are any tutorials covering anything more complex such as the buildings you did. How can you get all the windows/panels flying in and landing in the correct location? When I tried using Pflow I realised you can make the particles any required shape but it seemed random as to which order they land, even if you have a template for them to follow. Thanks for any help....

Comment

Originally posted by Sazzle74 View Post
                Amazing work - I'm inspired to try particle flow now! I worked through a couple of basic tutorials I found online the other day but I'm wondering if there are any tutorials covering anything more complex such as the buildings you did. How can you get all the windows/panels flying in and landing in the correct location? When I tried using Pflow I realised you can make the particles any required shape but it seemed random as to which order they land, even if you have a template for them to follow. Thanks for any help....
                I assume that they did an inverse animation...they the have the panels in place and after that they make fly them, then you inverse the keyframes.

P.D. Thanks Joost ink, I downloaded the h264 code and it works great!!!
                show me the money!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sazzle74 View Post
                  When I tried using Pflow I realised you can make the particles any required shape but it seemed random as to which order they land, even if you have a template for them to follow
                  Do some research on Birth Script. It is a rather simple bit of scripting that will place particles at specific locations; such as at every vert or every poly center. Then take a clue from the collision objects comments. Spend a week or so and try and figure it out on your own. You will learn so much. If you are not a scripter (I am not either) it will take some time to learn a little scripting but it will really pay off in the end.

Oh, and no reverse animation necessary...

Comment

Originally posted by jonahhawk View Post
                    Do some research on Birth Script. It is a rather simple bit of scripting that will place particles at specific locations; such as at every vert or every poly center. Then take a clue from the collision objects comments. Spend a week or so and try and figure it out on your own. You will learn so much. If you are not a scripter (I am not either) it will take some time to learn a little scripting but it will really pay off in the end.

Oh, and no reverse animation necessary...
                    Brilliant, thanks very much - birth scripting here I come

Comment

I'm interested to know the shutter speeds you used on the vraycamera to achieve that level of motion blur.
                      Kind Regards,
                      Richard Birket
                      ----------------------------------->
                      http://www.blinkimage.com

Comment

Originally posted by tricky View Post
                        I'm interested to know the shutter speeds you used on the vraycamera to achieve that level of motion blur.
                        Didnt use the vray camera. The blur is just the default timing, over one frame. So 1/25 second if you want to re-create it.

Comment

wow - no vraycamera. I didn't expect that!
                          Kind Regards,
                          Richard Birket

Comment

I'm suprised youve missed my comments on the nesessity of LWF/vray camera... was never the quietest person with it

Comment

Probably started reading them and clamped my hands over my ears..."no no no no NO!"
                              Kind Regards,
                              Richard Birket

Comment

Just saw this animation, a little late I know.. But have to say it's probably the best arch viz animation I've ever seen, so many great aspects in it. Keep up the great work.

/Thomas
                                www.suurland.com
                                www.cg-source.com
                                www.hdri-locations.com

Comment

Working...
                                X