No announcement yet.

GPU benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing overclocked. MAX works great, unless I try to do something . If I select something, it'll take 5-7 seconds to respond and the same thing for imputing into a dialog box. If I scale to 200%, under Window's Display Settings, it works.
    Originally posted by Donfarese View Post
    I don't have a really beefy one, just a Firepro W7000. But 3dsmax runs great at 4k. Do you get lag only when you move objects or is it anything you do in max. Also do you have a Video card software running for overclocking or fan settings, like EVGA precision X or something?
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

• Originally posted by glorybound View Post
      Nothing overclocked. MAX works great, unless I try to do something . If I select something, it'll take 5-7 seconds to respond and the same thing for imputing into a dialog box. If I scale to 200%, under Window's Display Settings, it works.
      Sounds like a driver issue, not a max issue. I might be putting a GTX Titan X in one of our systems for main display card. If I do I can see if there is any issues. But as far as I know there is not, I think there are a few on these forums running Titan X's as there main display card. Your running a GTX 970 if I'm correct, that's not exactly a slow card. It also is direct X and Nitrous is direct x. I know Nvidia cripple there cards somewhat driver wise for 3dsmax, but one system of ours was running a GTX 680 with no issues. Not at 4k, but I can't see an issue running 4k on it especially a 970.... Sounds to me a driver issue.

Also the objects you are selecting in the scene, are they huge? and do you have backface culling off?

Comment

• Yes, I am running the GTX970. It doesn't matter what I select, in MAX, it lags. I did get support from NVIDIA and they said:

I understand from your email that you are experiencing issues when using Nitrous driver with AutoDesk 3DS MAX.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused but unfortunately since the program developer says that 4K is not yet supported with the program, then the hardware will also not register. For it to work, both the hardware and the software have to be compatible with 4K. The graphics card is compatible but the program isn't, hence the issue.
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

• I just tried overclocking my card, which helped marginally; now it lags 2-4 seconds.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Yes, I am running the GTX970. It doesn't matter what I select, in MAX, it lags. I did get support from NVIDIA and they said:
            So Sorry, checking on the specs of my monitor, I guess it's not exactly 4K sorry, little confusing since it's a 21:9. I guess 4K is 3840 × 2160 my screen which is a Dell U3415W is 3440 x 1440, funny it says 4k next to the specs where I bought it. Still a lot, and it runs great with max, surprised that full 4K would make such a difference.

Comment

• If Autodesk doesn't fix it in April, I am going to be pretty upset. On the AREA forum, people are complaining that they purchased a Surface Pro, for MAX, just to find out that it will not work.
              Bobby Parker
              www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

• I just stumbled across this. Full screen lags, however, I can re-size the window and it works. So, it has something to do with the size of the physical window.
                Bobby Parker
                www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

• That also runs a gtx card. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it's the nvidia drivers. Do you have a quadro or firepro to test? Or even an amd card. Nvidia really does crippled there cards except for quardos

Comment

I just stumbled across this. Full screen lags, however, I can re-size the window and it works. So, it has something to do with the size of the physical window.
                    Wow, okay.... That's really weird. So can you just keep it much in full screen mode by sizing it up and work finefine?

Comment

• Sorry if this has been brought up before - but the benchmark scenes for GPU rendering in that google spreadsheet is only for max right? Wouldn't it be interesting with a standalone scene or a VRay for maya benchmark scene as well?

Comment

• The scene can be exported to a .vrscene and used from the V-Ray standalone. This in fact is how I test.
                        We need generally new benchmark scene (this is like 6 or 8 years old). As far as I know, at some point we will have new benchmark scenes.
                        V-Ray fan.
                        Looking busy around GPUs ...
                        RTX ON

Comment

• Ok great - i'll try to export it - a max benchmark scene aint much good for me on OS X with Maya

Comment

• V-Ray RT OpenCL might occasionally work on OS X, but officially it is not supported.
                            Do you have CUDA enabled MAC ?
                            V-Ray fan.
                            RTX ON

Comment

• I'm building a eGPU setup as a test to see if it's viable. And then i'm building a linux/windows machine with GTX 1080's to use as a DR render. I've been told by you guys that as long as i use a machine with another OS via DR it shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPGrafik View Post
                                I'm building a eGPU setup as a test to see if it's viable. And then i'm building a linux/windows machine with GTX 1080's to use as a DR render. I've been told by you guys that as long as i use a machine with another OS via DR it shouldn't be a problem.
                                Cool! I would like if you can share how it went once it is up and running.

Best,
                                Blago.
                                V-Ray fan.
                                RTX ON

Comment

Working...
                                X